Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

My Own Personal Cicada Invasion!

bakemom_gw
19 years ago

Not here, but at the Memorial Tournament today (Go Ernie!). I'm walking around with a drink from the club house and I see a bunch of Dublin cops and security people staring at me. Naturally, I think I'm taking a glass of wine in an area I'm not supposed to be (most of the tournament is beer and soft drinks only). So, reverting back to teen years, I'm thinking of ditching my drink, when I look down and find out what all the fuss is about.

I had a cicada the size of a humming bird perched on my ... uuumm... rack. Just like a low-hanging brooch. I don't mind them at all, just not on personal places with no announcement. So I shrieked, spilled my drink and was flapping around to everyone's amusement. Some guys says "it's ok, he won't hurt you." I KNEW THAT! How embarassing.

Menwhile for 7 hours today it was non-stop cicadas with a huge racket during the tournament. Those buggers were dripping from the trees and flying in everyone's hair etc.

Still, a good time had by all. I think the cicadas gave the whole thing that buggy je ne sais quoi.

There's my personal report. Interesting on trees, scary on your chest.

Comments (2)

Sponsored