Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wakerry

Of all the stupid things I've ever done...

wakerry
19 years ago

This weekend I harvested some garlic from the herb bed. The tops were dying back and I dug up the 15 or 20 bulbs (they are called bulbs aren't they?) and layed them on the lawn to dry. They were small but larger than any I had ever grown before (haven't had a lot of luck with garlic) so I was excited and couldn't wait to make my first garlic braid. I went to the vegetable garden on the other side of the property to tie up the tomatoes and give them a side dressing of 10-10-10. The lady that mows our lawn came while I was tangled up in string and tomato vines. I finished with the tomatoes and ran the tiller over an area to put in another round of green beans where the lettuce had been. Afterwards I took the tiller back and noticed a very strong garlic smell in the area near the herb bed. Sure enough my babies that had been drying in the sun were now spread out over much of the back yard via the riding lawn mower. Fortunately there were a few bulbs left in tact but the garlic braid I had invisioned would have to wait till next year.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction