Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Voles, Field Mice or Chipmunk!?

Posted by ClevelandGreenThumb 44133 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 20:52

Hello!

I keep seeing this tiny 'mouse' like rodent scurrying across my patio at any point of the day lately and I'm sure it's not a chipmunk... I noticed lately that in my flowerbeds there are what look like trenches but only go as far as the mulch and not into the soil very deep. They almost look like crevasse running several feet or so and are about 2" at the widest.

I also have a duck nesting, or I would get serious about eliminating this pest... Anyone know what it might be? It's sounding like a Voles to me... Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Voles, Field Mice or Chipmunk!?

You most likely have voles. I have had them in my flowerbed and used mouse traps to catch/kill them and D-con rat poison. Slightly dig up their tunnel and place the poison and/or trap in the tunnel.

Haven't had a problem in 4 years.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here