Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gimme2beats

Full sun annuals

gimme2beats
18 years ago

Hi. I am new to this forum but have looked around for a while. I have a question about annuals in my area. I have a space on my deck that would be perfect for hanging baskets of annuals. I went to the local greenhouse and was told that these certain annuals "New Wonder" or Scaevola aemula would be perfect in full sun - which is what I get on my deck. Literally FULL sun from AM to PM.

OK - just for the record - I am a brown thumb but I try real hard. I watered them daily, made sure they were draining well and only watered them in the evening when the sun was off of them. However, within a few days, they were wilting and looked like they were dying. I brought them under my covered patio, put fresh soil in the pots and have been watering them daily. They are starting to perk up other than one.

What am I doing wrong? Is this type of annual really NOT full sun? Is there an annual that someone could recommend that would work in full all-day sun?

Thanks so much in advance. I am really looking forward to learning from all of you.

Comments (2)

Sponsored