Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris Society Sale

Posted by princess_mimi z5 6 OH (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 10:44

I wish that I would have thought to post sooner. Dianne and I just got home from the Iris Society's sale at the North Market this morning. It will be going on for several more hours.

They have scads of iris and tons of varieties-CHEAP! That's my next favorite price next to free. Most of them are $3, dwarves are $2 and you can get 4 for $10 specials. The variety is wonderful too. There are dwarves, German or bearded, Siberians, Species, rebloomers and even Loiusianas. Big variety of colors too.

It was a blast! I even learned how to prepare to dry root the right way. I'll be bringing lots of granny's blue German bearded iris to the fall swap. I have potted some but It will be soooooo much easier for everyone to just have them dry root.

Go on down if you have time today. it will be worth your while.

~~Mimi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris Society Sale

Rats, weather and new kitten kept me indoors today. Sounds like you guys had fun. Love north market.

o

Mimi,

When is the fall swap and just where is the North Market (city or town)?

This might call for a 'road trip'.

Sue

o

Hi Sue!

The North Market is in Columbus Ohio. The fall swap is on September 17th. You can get the whole story on it on the Get Togethers forum. You might want to check out the posts titled, Photos of the Ohio Spring Swap and Central Ohio Plant Swap, to see what we do in the spring. The Fall swap is not quite as big since there are no annuals or veggies and alot of folks are not quite as obsessed as us die hards. It's very similar to the spring swap that Beverly and I do. It's always fun. Especially since I can go as a "civilian"!

Hilliard, where we have the swaps, is on the west side of Columbus just north of I70. Hope you can come! We get folks from all over---even from Michigan!

Hope to see you in September!

~~Mimi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here