Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yippee-Diane is doing a fall Columbus swap - Sat. Sept. 16 -LINK

Posted by storygardener 5/6 central oh (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 18:26

Yay!!! Diane is going to do the fall swap in Columbus (Hilliard). It's on Saturday, Sept. 16 (NOT Sept 17 - that's an error)

Here's the link to the Get-together's forum for all the info.

Thanks, Diane!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Get-together's Forum (then click Columbus Swap)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yippee-Diane is doing a fall Columbus swap - Sat. Sept. 16 -L

This will seem like a strange post, but you are the only community of gardeners I've found so far after googling "community gardners" and "Columbus garnders" for quite a while!

I'm a bride getting married in a few weeks, and really don't have the money for flowers for the wedding (they're SO expensive! YIKES!). My fiance has just come home from Iraq working for a relief and development company, and we really are having just the simplest wedding short of going to city hall and getting married that way. We were fortunuate enough to get our church for just $50! (woo hoo!), my friend gave me my dress for free AND paid to have it altered to fit me...suffice to say all sorts of great things have been happening to us leading up to the wedding, but flowers are still out of reach.

Someone mentioned perhaps contacting a group of local gardeners to see if they might be willling to have us/help us prune through their roses or other flowers. Obviously, I know that gardeners don't GROW their flowers just to have them clipped away, but maybe there is someone out there who would be interested in this?

Our colors are ivorys, browns, burnt oranges, tans, with accents of bright greens, and fuscia (basically bright fall colors)...

I couldn't offer much in return - maybe an invite to the wedding (you'd end up with some sweet tasty cake out that!); I can do newsletters or graphic design work if any of you are looking for that sort thing. If you ARE interested or know someone who is, please email me at brideflowerseeker@gmail.com, or simply reply here.

Thank you!

o
RE: Yippee-Diane is doing a fall Columbus swap - Sat. Sept. 16 -L

bump -

it's happening soon. Hope you all can make it to the swap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here