Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you started buying new plants again?

Posted by Storygardener 5/6 central oh (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 29, 05 at 19:02

Hey..for about two weeks I wasn't shopping for plants & had most of my spring purchases & swap plants in the ground. Then all of a sudden...big sales came on early in July and I started buying more plants. Then my friend, Betty in Michigan, gave me some wonderful plants while I was visiting in Michigan.

My new plants are: daylilies Buckeye & Lavendar Illusions, Phlox Fancy Feelings, Cranesbill Cinderella, Crocosmia Lucifer, Heuchera Sashay, Drada azoide, Baby Star & Sunrise Echinaceas, and new clematis' Miss Bateman, The President, Multi Blue &Venosa Vio???.

Oh Goodness...It's so much fun getting new plants.

How about you? What has jumped into the cart for you this summer?

Beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you started buying new plants again?

Hi Beverly -
I did pretty well for a while there also. I was so proud of myself for getting my annuals and plant swap things and early spring buys in the ground that I went a long time without buying more. Then daylily season arrived and I made several trips to local daylily growers and ended up with about 20 new daylilies. Trish tells me you're becoming a daylily fan too - we'll get you thoroughly hooked before you know it! :) Then last week I started buying a few perennials to fill some empty spots in my borders. Here's what I got:

Joe Pye Weed; Echinacea 'Sunset' and 'Sunrise'; Ornamental grasses - prairie dropseed and pennisetum 'Hameln'; Crocosmia 'Lucifer'; Persicaria polymorpha; and a purple smokebush. I've also been seriously considering another order to High Country Gardens.

I think my DH will just have to get used to the idea that there will always be pots along the patio either things to plant or things that have been dug up for the plant swaps.

o

No purchases, but I am trading seeds and summer sowing! Blue platy, foxys, sweet william, red double hollyhocks, penstemmon, sea holly (again this year).

I have harvested and mailed several hundred packs of seeds thus far. My goal, to beat the 8-900 I sent out last year. If you want my list, email me. Perhaps I should post on THIS exchange. I'm currently on Winter Sowing and the main Seed Exchange.

o

I can't resist the $3.33 perennials at Home Depot. I've been buying them all summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here