Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
green beans

Posted by mindydean Kentucky (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 17, 10 at 19:04

I have a plot in a community garden and unlike other years, this year is the garden from hell. I have fertilized, but nothing is working. My green beans are beautiful, but the beans look washed out. The peppers arent' growing at all, eggplant bloomed and now nothing, I've gotten four cucumbers from three plants and my tomatoes? Well, they've never looked so bad. I need help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: green beans

Hi Mindydean,

Sorry to be so slow in replying. We have certainly had some weather extremes here in Kentuckiana this summer so I would say your problems have probably been weather related. I know when the temps get too hot that tomato blossoms drop. Maybe things will pick up now as the temps are cooling a bit.

I have a plot in a community garden and unlike other years, this year is the garden from hell.
Do you have the same exact plot from one year to the next? If not, maybe the previous gardener on that plot did something that has affected the growing this season.

There's always next year that we always hope and plan to be so much better......I didn't even get any beans planted this year, so you are ahead of me there.

Where are you located in Ky? Might you be interested in coming to a small Plant Swap/get together of several Garden Webbers on Sept 11th? Hope so! See the link below, and if interested, please set up your Member Page email link so you can be reached....just go to the bottom of any page and click on the Member Pages link and follow the links from there.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Sept 11, 2010-First Annual Fall Louisville Pow-Wow-Save the date

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here