Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
muddauber

New to this forum, want to say Hi!

muddauber
16 years ago

Hi everyone! While I've been a GW member awhile now, I'm just getting over here to the Ohio forum. Usually I'm over at the Conifer, Tree and Shrub forum, rarely posting but soaking up all the excellent info and advice.

Located in Southwest Ohio I own one of those big old hundred year old money pit fixer upper homes in a not so great neighborhood. I love it though. My projects have mostly been in the backyard, my goal is to create a "sanctuary". Our backyard is pretty good size about 60'x 50'. This season I've focused on the hardscape and widening my beds, added a brick paver path to the garage, a wrought iron fence around the pond area and am doing alot of rock work. Plant wise the focus is on adding conifers, evergreens and other stuff that doesn't just disappear in the winter months. I found a very cool Cham. obtusa "Lemon Twist" but two other types of Chameacyparis, Boulevard and Crippsi (Crispy LOL) didn't do well for me. Basically alot of grunt work now and alot of dreaming about future plants. Hey did any one else scoop on the Forest Pansy Redbud's they had for 10 bucks at Western Hills Home Depot?? ohhhlala

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'll be reading if not posting!

Linda

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County