Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fourpaws2002

Sales at Lowes

fourpaws2002
18 years ago

Just happened to check out Lowes today for any plant sales and OMG, I picked up 20-yes that's twenty- plants for $5.00, every plant I bought was .25 cts, bought lots of daylily(and they weren't stellas)-they had stellas & happy returns(bought 2 of those), but the large tall bloomers(can you tell I'm not a DL fanactic-LOL)-nice plants too-not half dead, I bought Geum-Mrs Bradshaw, & hardy mums, they also had salvias & veronicas-not a bad selection for a clearance-maybe those close to you will have a good selection too!

I also got soil(Organic-miracle grow) for 1/2 price-the bags that are opened(just a tear)

I was quite pleased with myself, so I thought I'd share

Here's hoping you get good deals too!

Happy Gardening!

Fourpaws

Comments (10)

• storygardener
    18 years ago

That's GREAT. Lowes has the best sales on older or sad sack plants that just might need some TLC.

Thanks for the tip. Enjoy!!

Beverly

• fourpaws2002
    Original Author
    18 years ago

NO, not older or sad sack-they are actually nice looking plants-some with buds, had been well watered and overall looked healthy.
    I know what you mean though, they can be a bit neglectful,and every store is different, but the plants I got and those left behind(yes-I did leave some-LOL) look good

• granny57
    18 years ago

I'm a big fan of Lowes and get lots of good deals where I live,But I've never gotten .25 centers at any Lowes around here. Where is that one located? That's a great and I do mean Great buy!!When you said today, Was that today?Aug22?
    I'd like to check into it.
    Thanks for the heads up!!!

• barnbatt
    18 years ago

four paws,

after reading your post I rushed out to Lowe's & Home Depot. Didn't find any deals like yours. Great find. Your so lucky. Congrats on the great find.

barnbatt

• fourpaws2002
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Granny57, it was Sunday 8-21-05 at the Milford-bypass 28 location

Barnbatt,
    I'm sorry you rushed right out & yours didn't have the same deals :o(, I suppose different locations handle their sales in different ways

• granny57
    18 years ago

Fourpaws,Thanks for the info.It was greatly appreciated.
    I think at those wonderful prices they will be sold out by now.
    Happy to know you benefited from the sale.
    Good Job!!

• SueKett
    18 years ago

Just don't buy any Hostas from them - I've seen HVX infected plants at my local Lowes. (Columbus)
    Unfortunatly, mine isn't having a sale either, & I'd love to pick up some of the day lilys!!

• fourpaws2002
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm Sorry folks, it appears it was just a one day local sale :o(

And yes, I know about the hosta at Lowes/HD/ & Meijer have seen HVX in all those places-is soooo sad

well maybe your Lowes will have their sale this weekend
    Happy gardening!
    Linda

• storygardener
    18 years ago

No big sales at the Hilliard Lowes...but, I did get all the broken bags of soil, etc.

Love it!

• hairmetal4ever
    18 years ago

Lowes GETS good plants...but they often don't properly care for them. Lowe's is where plants go to die...unless you buy them!!

I have bought lots of good plants there but you have to watch because the concept of "watering" seems foreign to those clerks...I watch as they walk by a poor wilting plant with a dry soil ball that has shrunk away from the pot 10 times and don't think "gee...maybe that plant needs water..."

Sponsored
Potomac Shores Cabinetry
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Loudoun County's Well-Designed Spaces and Custom Crafted Cabinetry