Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Irises in Columbus?

Posted by cbfindlay z6 OH (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 3, 04 at 9:02

Can all you Buckeyes out there give me an idea where might be the best place to shop for Irises in Columbus? And is September the best time to get out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Irises in Columbus?

I don't know the best places...but, I know September (fall) is a great time to find them on sale. I will be bringing some to the Hilliard Plant Swap on Saturday, September 18.

I'll link you up!

...Beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: Hilliard Plant Swap - Get togethers Forum

o

A garden east of Columbus has a lot and sells. I get from her - starts are small, but cheap... 2nd year they bloom really well. She has all kinds.

go to www.daylilytrader.com and click on Warrell for info and a way to email her for directions. She's open by appointment only.

o

Does Lynd's also sell irises? I know they do great daylilies.

Beverly's grape jelly iris is fabulous - mouthwatering grape color. Like a jujube.

o

just wonder if I am banned or something... I've tried to post back to this a couple times, and my post doesn't show.

o

Daylilyfan, until someone else says something after your comment, you need to change the subject line to post again. Nothing personal against you, just how this thing is programmed.

When I clicked onto this thread, I thought it was an opinion question, in which case my vote would be for purple bearded! I'm probably bringing some of these to the swap also, as well as some peach-colored bearded ones.

Seems like I remember seeing a lot of Iris' at Dill's greenhouse (Canal Winchester address?) It's very close to Ricart, Rt. 33 just south of 270. You can't miss it on your right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here