Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small upright shade bush

Posted by Carol7853 Zone6 Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 9:35

I have a small shade space on the north side next to concrete stairs. The space is 2" square and 3.5" tall. I am looking for a small upright shrub and looking for suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small upright shade bush

What you chose depends a lot on what type of shade we are talking about. I know that is convoluted, let me explain. Some areas are shaded all day and never get any direct sun light. Some areas are only partially shaded and get some direct sun light. Direct means nothing between that spot and the sun. Also, is the soil well drained, or are we talking wet shade? I know you said the north side of your home, but during the summer months the north side of my home gets partial shade on both sides, and all shade in the middle.

You have to be sure your plant will do well, or else you are wasting time and money to get a poor little Charlie Brown bush with ugly brown needles or leaves, and never blooms if it is supposed to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here