Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Euphorbia Dieback

Posted by palustris81 6A (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 08 at 16:57

Hello all, I have a pair of fantastic perennial euphorbias of which I have lost the name (very unlike me)but which I believe to be one of the purple leaf varieties of Euphorbia amygdaloides. They have prospered for five years but this year have begun to wilt and die out originally on just a few branches but now all over. I am concerned I am losing them, luckily they have reproduced in other parts of the yard, but I am concerned that the area may not be suitable for euphorbia anymore if there is some sort of fungus (ie verticillum) which I should be concerned about. Any suggestions or experience?
Thanks,
Bennett

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Euphorbia Dieback

Hi palustris81!

I've been watching this post for some time waiting to see if anyone has any ideas on the euphorbia problem. I have also had euphorbia die back for no apparent reason and am totally baffled. I work in the gardening industry and have posed the question to our grower, our customers, etc....but no go. Many of us have this dieback, but no idea why.

At first I thought maybe it was the hot dry summers we have...maybe they just don't like the combination of high temperatures, humidity and sporadic hand watering...which is nothing like rain! Mine always seem to do better in the spring and fall, look nice in the winter, and fail in the summer.

Hope you get a few other responses. I love euphorbias and would like to find a niche for them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here