Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is it!?!

Posted by cadillactaste 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 10:00

I just LOVE the blooms on this plant that I stopped te other day and took photos. It is in direct sunlight...
Anyone able to shed some light on this...I would appriciate it...Thanks!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is it!?!

Mallow, mine are growing in half sun and half shade.
Martha

o

Thanks Martha...Any relation to the Rose Mallow then? I know they have HUGE blooms...though this is just Mallow...Beautiful...and will definitely check to see how far that black walnut is from this shrub. For I know there is one along the road there...since I have a black walnut to contend with...I'll check the distance from the one on the road...can't recall if it's close to the area now or further away. Love this bush...so pretty! Thanks half sun half shade. The guy has these on a bank in full sun. But it's good to know they'll do well either or. Thanks again...the guy didn't recall what they were called.

o

• Posted by raee zone 5 OH (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 17:07

Yep, Zebra Mallow is what I've known it as. Mine grow in a bed that is about 15 feet from a large walnut in the neighbor's yard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here