Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Acer griseum, Paperbark maple

Posted by Amnesia z6 KY (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 16, 05 at 10:09

Does anyone know if there is a retailer in the greater Cincinnati area that carries this tree? I can buy one online but they're extremely small and the shipping is very high.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Acer griseum, Paperbark maple

Awhile back I found a local company that sells many native trees and shrubs. They're prices are really good and selection is excellent and they specialize in cold hardy trees and shrubs.

Earthscapes, inc.
10403 State Route 48
Loveland, Ohio 45140

I gave them a quick call as they didn't list the Acer grisuem on the website, but the lady I talked to just now said they have them in one and two gallon containers.

Good luck!
Shannon

Here is a link that might be useful: Earthscapes, Inc

o

thanks SO much for the quick response. I'll make a trip there, I've been looking for this tree for awhile! Thanks again.

o

Marvin's Organic Gardens(MOG) on Rt 42 between Mason and Lebanon(NE of Cincinnati) have them in 3 gallon pots for 34.95. Nice trees for the price. They were in hoophouse #6 when I visited on Thursday. And they have a sale going on - don't know for how long - buy one at regular price and get a second one for a penny - on all their stock if I was told correctly

Here is a link that might be useful: MOG

o

Does anyone know of a retailer near/in Cleveland that sells paperbark maples?
thanks,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here