Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are There Any Plant Swaps In Huntington, WV?

Posted by midnightstorm Zone 8a - Carolina (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 19, 06 at 15:24

I know we are probably supposed to post these questions on the plant swap forum but but I thought I'd start here first . . . . I am moving to Huntington and would like to know if there are any regular plant swaps that happen in the area?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are There Any Plant Swaps In Huntington, WV?

The Master Gardeners have at least one (I think maybe one in spring and another in fall, but I'm not sure) and my church holds one in May. That's all I'm aware of. Love to have you involved! Email me sometime.

o
Huntington, WV

By the way, the local Junior League has a biennial garden tour that's pretty nice. Should happen this summer.

Also, I recommend Lavalette Nursery, Blatt's Greenhouse, and Hatcher's (across the river in Ohio). Each is better for different things.

o

Am interested in plant swap in Huntington, WV too!! Have perennials and ideas would like to exchange. Thanks, Pat

o

I have now arrived in Huntington, WV and my new home in Wayne County should be ready in late Spring. So I'll be anxious to get started on my garden as soon as I get moved in. So please keep me informed if you find out about any swaps. I don't have much to swap at this point but hopefully that'll change in the future. If the plants I brought with me from North Carolina make it, I'll have some Lady Banks roses, Climbing American Beauty Roses, Zepherine Drouhin roses, Hydrangea, Mexican Sage, Winston Churchill Fuchsia, Rosemary in the spring.

Thanks!

o

Welcome, Midnightstorm! If you and patbegardening don't mind, I'll send you each an email through GW when I know the date and details about the swap in May at Enslow Park Presbyterian Church. I'll also post it here.

o

gdionelli:

That would be great!

o

I'm still interested in finding plant swaps in the Huntington, West Virginia area if anyone can enlighten me on when and where there might be some.

o

Saturday, June 2nd at Enslow Park Presbyterian Church. I'll be posting more details when I have them. Also, did you catch the posting earlier here about the one in Cross Lanes? That's only a half-hour drive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here