Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sun Sept 14th 2008 Plant Sale at Whitehall House Louisville

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 2, 08 at 16:26

From 1-4 PM...Mark your calenders!

The annual Fall Plant Sale at Whitehall is a terrific opportunity to purchase and stock up on an impressive variety of trees, shrubs and perennials while enjoying the gorgeous grounds of our historic home and grounds. Specific offerings and more details concerning the Live Auction portion of the afternoon will be announced closer to the date of the event.

Both the Plant Sale and Live Auction are free and open to the public, and light refreshments will be available for purchase. We regret that early entry to the event is strictly prohibited. Proceeds from the Plant Sale benefit Whitehall House & Gardens.

For more information, please contact Whitehall at (502) 897-2944 or whitehall@historichomes.org.

The above is taken from the link Below.

I've been told there will be Daffodils and Peonies for sale, among many other things.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Whitehall Special Events

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sun Sept 14th 2008 Plant Sale at Whitehall House Louisville

Hi Sue *waving*
have you ever visited Whitehall? Absolutely beautiful! The gardens are amazing, as well as the home-

My son and daughter-in-law were married there last October-
what a wonderful day

will email you..
Linda by the airport

o
RE: Sun Sept 14th 2008 Plant Sale at Whitehall House Louisville

Hi Linda!

No I haven't. The Kentucky Daffodil Society will have a booth there selling bulbs. I recently joined the society and will be there volunteering, though I will just be pretty well learning the ropes.

I asked a local member I will be carpooling with if I should let the society know I am available to work, and her reply was that it was not necessary. They knew she would be there and that she and I could then take turns browsing the many booths there.

She mentioned that in past years Munchkin Nursery has been there.

I wish I could find more info on line about what all will be offered there. I've got some plant and bulb buying money burning a hole in my pocket. I wonder what will be offered up in the Live Auction.

It's going to be an exciting day. Are you maybe going to make it? Maybe we can browse together a bit, without me being a total flunky volunteer.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here