Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marciagaye

One week till Louisville Fall 'Pow Wow'

marciagaye
13 years ago

The yard looks like hell because of the heat, but I am ready for this. Roll call. If you need directions, e-mail me and let me know and direction you are coming from.

Comments (12)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

I'll be there with bells on. I had hoped to be on top of things, potting stuff over the summer and it just didn't happen, due to the extreme temps...I'll bring something edible, seeds, and hopefully at least a few plants to share/trade. Right now I have quite a big pot ghetto, but it is all stuff I bought or traded for that's needing planted...am so behind here.

I will have daffs for naturalizing...no names as they might be seedlings that never got a name, or else a mix of daffs.
    I'll have seeds to share.

Bring your seed boxes gang, with your 'excess' seeds I'm looking forward to a fun visit with some fun gardening friends, both old and new.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Pow-Wow thread

• ohiovalleygardener
    13 years ago

I'll be there. I do need directions. I will be coming from Jeffersonville In. Starting out new this year. Came several years back. My garden grew into a jungle and had to be taken out. Now starting out hoping to start a butterfly garden next year.
    Will bring seeds, but not much else to share. Do have a few hen and chicks, sedum, some kind of salvia I forgot. Also will bring handmade bourbon balls and chocolate cake truffles. Looking forward to it. Thanks Marcia. Vicci

• ohiovalleygardener
    13 years ago

Sorry, maybe I should throw out a wish list. Since I'm just starting out pretty much any perrenial would be great. Also seed for winter sow. Love day lillies. I love them all. Just looking forward to the fun and visiting. Vicci

• flowerchildky
    13 years ago

Hi everyone,
    thank you for the kind words about Mema-I appreciate it SO much!

this fall and next spring, I will be downsizing my garden and my Mom's garden- I don't really need anything, but would love to share anything I have with any of you...

I will bring seeds too
    hope to bring extra pots, winter sowing cups, garden items

have lots of peony, iris and day lily to share
    have several sedums
    I have 3 hardy hibiscus that I grew from seed-they have been potted all summer- Lord Baltimore red
    I have some bulbs- tulips, lily, daffs

I will update my have list sometime today
    depending on how much is requested ahead of time, I may not dig many items 'up for grabs'

I will bring a salad, a sweet, and paper plates

looking forward to seeing all of you!
    ((hugs))
    Linda

13 years ago

Linda,

Am looking forward to seeing what 'garden items' you might have, as well as your seeds. Whoo-Hoo!

I am needing some HUGE black pots for a friend who will be digging and overwintering some things inside a heated building...need not be pretty.

I saw ohiovalleygardener (Vicci) has sedums on her seeds wish list, but I'll bet she would love to have various sedums even better....I see she has some to bring too.

I'd love a Lord Baltimore.

I'm sure your bulbs will find a good home, or I can find them a home here or at a friend's.

Still not sure what all I'm bringing...probably won't have much chance to get things together until Thurs or Fri...Carpet shampooers and overnight company coming tomorrow.

Hugs back atcha!

Sue

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I would also love Lord Baltimore....how do you overwinter them?

• flowerchildky
    13 years ago

Hi all,
    I tried to update my haves list, but somehow it did not "take"- I had typed a whole lot of 'stuff' :((

Sue and Marcia, will have a Lord Baltimore for you
    they are hardy, the one at Mom's has been there at least 4 years and always comes back- nothing special you need to do
    (they do spread out- so you need a pretty big spot for it)

will try updating my list now- if it doesn't work, I will post here

see you soon!
    Linda

• flowerchildky
    13 years ago

ok- I got my 'haves' list posted

I am digging this am- I will check back here to see if anyone wants a particular item
    I will see how much I can get done
    I probably won't dig the heurchera, hosta and ginger unless someone asks..
    I will check here again the in the morning - should have time to dig a bit before I head out -

Vicci: I will get you some day lily, peony, iris and coneflowers
    I also have some sedum for you

I better get BUSY! LOL
    see you tomorrow
    Linda (by the airport)

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I can take some hens and chicks also. See you in the morning.

13 years ago

Linda, it looks like your trade page list updated...anywho, I'd love a few red hens and chicks if that is what you have available.

Marcia,
    It might be a good thing if we end up with a 'smaller' sized group, if the weather doesn't cooperate...and yes, it was bound to happen sometime. I know rain would certainly be welcome by many gardeners.

Oh, I'll have your daffs as well as for Tina (emailed her this AM) and also for Jen.

Still don't know what I'm bringing plant and food wise....sigh.

Sue

• ohiovalleygardener
    13 years ago

I'm bring a bag with alot of old vegetable seeds. They are probably 5 years old. If anyone wants them to try out they are welcome. I got them from a client so not sure how they were stored. Lots of tomato and hot pepper seeds. See ya tomorrow. Vicci

• dreamspirit
    13 years ago

It was today? :( I have not been here for a while. Darn it. I missed it. I am sooooooooooo sad.

Marla Jo

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting