Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
frost

Posted by diggerb2 z5oh (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 28, 08 at 10:06

well last week on the 22nd we finally had a frost.
i can not beleive that our first on on the season was so late. of course yesterday we had snow and sleet. but this is NE Ohio, so friday they are expecting mid 60's and sun.

have you had a frost yet?

diggerb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: frost

Well, I think that it is truly fall now, Digger. I should have cut the Iris that sent up a scape that has big purple buds on it. Oh well. No Iris in November.

Time to rest. (That means lots of indoor projects that require catching up after gardening season!)

~~Mimi

o
RE: frost

oh definitely time to rest. Today i have 7 inches of snow !!! of course i haven't raked my leaves yet since the fell after the first 'real' snow we had last week. and now we have more.

some time i am going to do a fall clean-up in my yard. But it always seems that everything is looking really good thru mid october and no leaves are falling. then after the 20th we usually get snow. and by the time that melts and dry what a mess is left. and then we're still waiting of leaves__ i curse all norway maples they are 1st to green in the spring and last to drop in the fall-- no wonder they are taking over>

digger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here