Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Everyone survive the flooding in the Ohio Valley?

Posted by JillP 5/6 OH (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 1, 04 at 10:50

I don't post often, and am 2 counties away from the Ohio River, but some Ohio Counties (Columbiana, Belmont, Jefferson, Monroe, to name a few) got hit bad with flooding in the last few weeks. Hope everyone is ok, and your gardens survived.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Everyone survive the flooding in the Ohio Valley?

Yeah, my garden is just fine. We live in Columbiana County but we were lucky. Our city didn't get hit too badly with the water--just a bit of water in our basement. Those counties south of us really got hammered (Jefferson, Belmont, and south). Going to have to cover some plants tonight, though, it's going to be cold. Thanks for the inquiry.

o

Wahhhh....I got hit! It was suppose to be a 500 year flood. That makes "2" since '97. (I must be 1000 years old!)
((((Sure do feel like it!)))
I'm in Meigs County, South-east Ohio.
We had 8 inches in the finished basement and 4 in the garage.
Goodness......water sure does rise fast! We knew it would hit my heighbor first, so the neighborhood rushed to her house, to pick things up. Then we did mine. :-(
The whole yard has been a dusty mess since it dried out. We have to wear face masks mowing and clean the filter out, every few passes.
We've also been burning tons of brush and "FURNITURE," (NOT OURS) in our hay field.
Thank goodness...our basement has dried out and the smell is gone. After 4 rug shampooings and wall scrubbing, it actually looks like new again.
Ahhhhhh......Nothing like Spring (Oop's, Make That "Fall") Cleaning!
I just popped on here, to take a break. What I would give to be gardening again! I keep thinking...."It's time to be puttting my Beds to Bed."
Oh Well.....I guess it's better then a Volcano???? No matter where you live......something's gonna get ya.....
Blahhhhhhh......... :-/
Shiza

o

Shiza, I'm so glad you got the smell out. Your earlier post on Winter sowing really made me shiver! You guys have come through like champs! If you need any plants/seeds/cuttings, please don't hesitate!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here