Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aml1676

White fringe tree in central IN?

aml1676
18 years ago

I'm looking for white fringe trees available for sale in central IN -- I'm in the Indianapolis area, but I'm willing to drive within a 2 hour radius (that means Cincinnatti or Louisville would be OK).

Anyone know where I might be able to find them? I'm hoping to plant this fall...

Amanda in Indiana

Comments (7)

• michigoose
    18 years ago

Chionanthus virginicus? (my spelling stinks...). They have several here at Andy's Garden Center in Troy, OH fairly nice ones for about $35 I think...they are on sale, but I can't remember how much....about 2-3' tall container grown.

Outside of Cincinnati is Earthscapes (Loveland, OH) and they had several.

• viburnumvalley
    18 years ago

It's unfortunate that a major metro area like Indy doesn't have garden centers making this special plant available.

Several garden centers in Louisville usually carry this plant, but it's always good to call ahead to confirm. Here's a couple good vendors:

The Plant Kingdom (St. Matthews area)
    Wallitsch Garden Center (Hikes Point)

Come down and make a day of it!

• michigoose
    18 years ago

Oh, I forgot to mention that Andy's has 10% off entire purchase every Wed. I can check on the price for you. They will take a credit card payment and hold one for you.

I bought one of these in Connecticut....I swear it was the only one in existence there...I was so nervous about not finding it again, and since it had only been in a year, I dug it up and brought it down here to Ohio with me....I'm happy to say it is doing well, although I must say I about flipped when I saw the ones at Andy's because they were so much bigger for the same price I paid in CT...Ah...the midwest where so many things are less expensive!

• aml1676
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the responses! I may have to make a road trip this weekend.

I actually haven't called any of the local garden centers yet -- it just seems that most of them carry standard plants, and this one seems a little more special.

• michigoose
    18 years ago

I double checked at Andy's. They have three and they are about 2 1/2-3' tall (they are in 5 gallon containers I think) and the tag says 50% off and the original price is $62.

• michigoose
    18 years ago

I'm dying to know, did you pick up any? If so, where?

• lmaren
    18 years ago

Amanda -- I'm in Bloomington, IN, and am also interested in purchasing two white fringe trees. I'd love to know what you did in the end and if there's anything nearby I could purchase trees at!

Thanks -- Lisa

Sponsored