Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellenp_gw

Found some bargains today

ellenp
19 years ago

For those of you in the Dayton area. On my way to do some other shopping I thought I'd run through Lowes and Home Depot to see if they had any good mark downs in the garden center. Here's what I found. Lowes has their bulbs just inside the front door 50% off. In addition to the usual tulips and daffodils they had ferns (3 in a pack), iris and daylilies. The selection was still good and most everything looked fresh. Back in the outside garden center they had a row of things in 4" pots including mums, pansies, and several varieties of "annuals". They had vinca, asparagus fern and some flowering plants that are hardy in warmer zones. Many were "Proven Winners" and the price was $.05 each. I winter over a lot of my plants under lights in my basement so I bought some to see how they will do. A $.40 investment for 8 plants wasn't too big of a risk. They also had a rack of succulents 50% off. I bought some neat cactus for a dish garden for $1.14 each. Home Depot had quite a few landscaping plants outside the garden center 75% off. I will be landscaping my new front porch in the spring and I bought 8 Stella d'Oro daylilies, 3 shrub roses, 2 azaleas and 5 artemesia Silver Mound for $27.00. These were 1 gal pots. I'll stick them in the nursery bed until Spring and I have over half of what I need for not much money. They had a pretty good selection over and above what I bought. This was the Lowes on Wilmington Pike and the HD on Feedwire. I guess the nice weather today got the best of me. I thought I was done planting outside for this year.......

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz