Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lily__nut

Seed Round Robin

lily__nut
20 years ago

I came across an interesting thread in the Seed Exchange forum. The thread is for a seed round robin. A box/packet of seeds is sent around to a list of those interested. You just replace as many seeds as you take out of the box, hopefully with different seeds. The travels of the packet is tracked on the forum. In fact, there is now a new Round Robin forum they are using to track their 2 seed boxes. That round robin is already closed, but I thought if enough people were interested it might be fun to have our own Okie seed round robin.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Exchange thread

Comments (99)

• heidibird
    20 years ago

debi,if you want great citrus trees, I can give you the website for a lady whose plants are fantastic!
    Let me know....

~Heidi

• demodebi
    20 years ago

Heidi...I would LOVE the website....every year I go to florida I want to bring some back (they're cheap..lol)...but usually forget...thanks...debi

• wolohobe
    20 years ago

The Robin is once again in flight.

Jules - please e-mail someone so we can post its arrival.

• TulsaLady
    20 years ago

Jules got the robin today!! Yeehaw! We are getting there. lol I'll let you know when it flies again. :)

tulsa

• TulsaLady
    20 years ago

Julie said she mailed the RR yesterday, so it should be here soon. :)

tulsa

• heidibird
    20 years ago

Debi, here's the website http://www.briteleaf.com/citrus_for_sale.htm
    Enjoy!

~Heidi

• TulsaLady
    20 years ago

I got it today! :) There is so much in there! lol There are a couple I want to look up before I decide. But some of the ones I want have lots of seeds, so I'm just taking some seeds out of some of them and putting the rest back. I hope that's ok. Brinda, I took one of the Morning Glory packs. :) Can't wait to see those. Ohhhhhhhh.....I got my blue satin hibiscus!!! lol ty ty ty ty ty lol

Will let you know when I send it out. Probably tomorrow if I'm not flooded in. lol

tulsa

• TulsaLady
    20 years ago

The bird is in the air. lol Well, it was sent off yesterday actually, just been so busy. Sorry.

Thank you Paul. That was fun. :)

tulsa

• jamie_jp
    20 years ago

I got the Round Robin and will send it off to Jill tomorrow. Thanks Brinda for the Morning Glory mix. It was so much fun choosing. Jamie

• sconfer32
    20 years ago

The List.......

WindsurfGirl
    Sred98
    ChaseUdn
    Woholobe
    Jules4u101
    TulsaLady
    Jamie jp
    ChlorophyllJill
    Demodebi
    Sconfer32
    Back to Lily Nut

I am very excited about the reception of this ole girl. Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer weather. Excellent work to the person who originated this idea as it comes to frutition.

sdc

• ChaseUdn
    20 years ago

jamie, you're very welcome for the seeds. I hope you and anyone else that took some enjoy them as much as I have.

I really love RR's and hope we do this again in the fall and continue to do it again & again! I love new plants and seeds and also love to share with others who love blooms!

Brinda :)

• demodebi
    20 years ago

Hi, I'm back home now and am glad that the RR had not hit my house yet....lol...debi

• ChlorophyllJill
    20 years ago

Hey everyone - got the RR on Saturday - after I had been to the Home and Garden Show in Tulsa! I was THRILLED! Thanks everyone for contributing such great seeds. I will get it out on Monday to the next lucky contestant - which is none other than DEMODEBI (tell her what she's won Don)!

Jill

• ChlorophyllJill
    20 years ago

The Bird has left Bartlesville! On it's way to DemoDebi!

Have fun!

Jill

• demodebi
    20 years ago

Now this what I call timed perfect....my grandson is coming over tomorrow to clean out my flower beds so they will be allllll ready for my nice seeds ....can't wait and I'm sooo glad this is going so well....thx everyone!...I guess when I get it I will know who to send it on to right?..!! debi

• ChlorophyllJill
    20 years ago

Yeah - there should be a list in there. I think Sconfer32 is next - and it'll have the address. This is a lot of fun, huh?

Jill

• demodebi
    20 years ago

I got it I got it ....the seeds landed here at Eufaula TODAY...BUT I have 2 grandkids here (ages 6 & 7) and no matter how much I plead and trust me I have, I cannot get a moment to look at them....so as soon as I do I will go thru them and get them off.....I did get a chance to notice that there is ALOT that I really want....lol...actually too many for me to start....so will be sorting and picking out just the ones that I HAVE TO HAVE...thank you everyone...will be back when they are ready to fly the coop...debi

• merryme
    20 years ago

If you do this round robin again please count me in

• ShawneeBookworm
    20 years ago

I just joined a couple of days ago. I would be very interested in joining your next Round Robin. I have some beautiful pink mum seeds to share. Thanks.

• sconfer32
    20 years ago

The Round Robin arrived yesterday. Have chosen from a great variety. Thanks to everyone. I guess the plan is to send it around again and maybe this time pick up the newcomers like bookworm. Do plan to add some hot pepper seeds, okra, and little marvel peas with edible pods.

hope everyone is doing well.

sdc in okc

• lily__nut
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Who is still interested in a second visit from our robin? I show that WindsurfGirl, Wolohobe, ChaseUdn and TulsaLady expressed interest. Are you still interested? Is anyone else interested? We can add Merryme and ShawneeBookworm to the second round also. Thanks to everyone who participated in our little game.

Paul

• Lynn
    19 years ago

I'm still interested. Thanks!

WindsurfGirl

• TulsaLady
    19 years ago

Yes, I'm still interested. :) I'll see if wolohobe is.

tulsa

• TulsaLady
    19 years ago

Wolohobe said she is still interested please, but to please put her last before it goes back to Paul if that's ok. She also said to tell everybody hi and she misses you all and will see you at the swaps. I sure do miss her fun side around here. Seems way too serious.

tulsa

• DEWAYNESBABY
    19 years ago

I would love to join! Thanks, Shannon

• jujusgarden
    19 years ago

I want to have a second partake. could you put jamie and i together so we can save postage?lol just kiddin
    I'd love another shot...hope Tulsa was happy with what I selected! Had a great time and ready to go again.

Jules

• lily__nut
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Let Round 2 Begin!!!

The Robin returned home yesterday. She is fat and sassy and full of great seeds. Thanks everybody!! She is flying back out today for another round. Here is the route for Round 2:

WindsurfGirl
    ChaseUdn
    Jujusgarden
    TulsaLady
    Merryme
    ShawneeBookworm
    Dewaynesbaby
    Woholobe
    back to Lily Nut

Thanks again to EVERYONE who particiated! It was great fun.

Paul

Back to Lily Nut

• ChlorophyllJill
    19 years ago

Wait a minute! I want to do it again! Please include me if you still can!

Jill

• lily__nut
    Original Author
    19 years ago

The Robin has already left for the second trip, but we can still add you to the list after Woholobe. Just e-mail her your address information.

Paul

• jamie_jp
    19 years ago

Woops - I missed it. Can I just get it from Jules and then mail it to TulsaLady?
    Jamie

• lily__nut
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sure.

• ChlorophyllJill
    19 years ago

Thanks Lilynut - I emailed Wolohobe. I loved it the last time!

Jill

• ChaseUdn
    19 years ago

Oh..I'm happy I checked back in here! LOL I'll be ready and waiting for the robin to land!!!! I just hope it doesn't get here at my busy time of week! (Which is everyday this month...LOL) I think I have many new seeds to put in this time around! I hope everyone has fun!

• ChlorophyllJill
    19 years ago

Brinda, I think you were the one who so generously gave everyone a packet of morning glory seeds - thanks so much. All of mine germinated and I can't wait to plant them outside!!! This is so much fun!

I think I've turned into a seed addict!

Jill

• ChaseUdn
    19 years ago

LOL Jill....I'm not surprised that they all germinated! I think they are germinating all over my yard as we speak! Do you know that mg's hate to be transplanted? They will look really wilty when you do, and some may not survive. If you have a problem, let me know....I have a gazillion!

• brenda_in_ok
    19 years ago

I missed the first round. Is it too late to join in on this one?
    Brenda

• ChaseUdn
    19 years ago

Brenda, I don't think it is too late! If everyone agrees, I can send it on to you and you can send to jujusgarden! I would love anyone new coming in.

Brinda

• Lynn
    19 years ago

I got the Robin today! Woohoo! Lots of seeds to pick from. I'll look it over and send it on to Brinda Wednesday.

WindsurfGirl

• ChlorophyllJill
    19 years ago

Well, I haven't heard from Wolohobe, so I don't know if I will be getting it or not. :(

Jill

• ChaseUdn
    19 years ago

DH says that it made it last night! Oh yeah! I can't wait to get home today and see it. If everyone agrees, I plan to send it on to Brenda_in_ok, and she can send it to jujusgarden. I will get it in the mail on Monday! Enjoy a beautiful weekend everyone!!!

• lily__nut
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Does anyone know where our Robin is currently? Here is a list of the updated flight plan.

WindsurfGirl
    ChaseUdn
    Brenda_in_ok
    Jujusgarden
    jamie_jp
    TulsaLady
    Merryme
    ShawneeBookworm
    Dewaynesbaby
    Woholobe
    ChlorophyllJill
    back to Lily Nut

• ChaseUdn
    19 years ago

Well...everyone get the gun and shoot me! I have the rr! I was sooooo sick last week with some kind of virus and missed 4 days of work. It was horrible...and I still haven't sent the rr out. I will do it tonight when I get home and send it to Brenda_in_ok! Everyone, I am so very sorry....after being sick and trying to double-time it at work all this week I forgot about it. But it will be on the way tonight! If you can't forgive me....you can just shoot me....I need someone to put me out of my misery anyway! LOL Ugh.....how can so much work pile up so fast???

Brenda_in_ok...you sent me email awhile back with your address....Please send it again....I'm not on my computer at home so I can't go back and look it up. Thanks so much! ChaseUdn@aol.com

• ChaseUdn
    19 years ago

Hi everyone...I forgot to post but it went out Monday to Brenda! Again, I do apologize! Hopefully I will be all caught up by Sunday...then I will need to get ready for my MIL's visit! LOL Does it ever end?

• brenda_in_ok
    19 years ago

Received the robin today. Will get it out to Jules on Monday. Any requests for seeds? I tried to look at people's wish lists to see what they would like, but there weren't many listed. If there are any, email me before Monday.
    Brenda

• TulsaLady
    19 years ago

yeehaw!!!!! I got the birdie today! lol I'll send him out before the weekend. :)

tulsa

• merryme
    19 years ago

putting out the rr welcome mat, here birdy birdy, come to momma

rubbing hands in anticipation

• merryme
    19 years ago

A big fat r. robin landed at my house today. Shawnee book worm is the next on the list, will be sending the bird off in a couple of days.

• merryme
    19 years ago

The robin will be put into flight today headed to Shawneebookworm.

It was fun poking around in the seeds and googling up information on them, sorry i kept the robin so long.

• DEWAYNESBABY
    19 years ago

I received the robin the other day and have been told that Jill and Wolohobe want to drop out so I will be sending it on to Lily Nut in the next few days.

• lily__nut
    Original Author
    19 years ago

The Robin returned home yesterday fat and sassy and still full of great seeds. Thanks to everyone who particated and made the Okie Seed Round Robin a blast!!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz