Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tulsalady

WANTED: Brugmansia

TulsaLady
20 years ago

Am looking for Brugmansia seeds. I thought I had some but I guess not. I don't know where I got that idea. lol I do have a lot of daturas, but I wanted to try the brugs too.

thank you,

tulsa

Comments (15)

• sred98
    20 years ago

Hey! I posted to you under the original datura/banana post on the discussions page. I have some Brug seeds I'd LOVE to trade for the pink and white daturas!!!

Email me!

Shelly

• TulsaLady
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Shelly, I sent you some seeds. The bad thing is, I only had 30 seeds, so I split them with you. It should get to you soon. The other 2 packages I sent out just arrived not long ago. Let me know ok?

tulsa

• ChaseUdn
    20 years ago

TL...if you don't have good luck with your brug seeds, lmk in the spring and I'll share some cuttings with you!

• TulsaLady
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Wow Chase! Thank you very much. :) I will let you know. From what I've seen brugs are incredible. What color are your brugs?

tulsa

• ChaseUdn
    20 years ago

LOL TL....I have over 80 cuttings in my kitchen! They are whites, yellows and pinks! I've only seen 2 brug blooms in my life and I'm so excited to see these all bloom this summer!

TulsaLady....I found a package of brug seeds that someone sent me months ago. They are not labeled as to who the parents are....and I don't know how old they are either. You are welcome to them if you'd like to have them. Email me and I will get them out to you! There must be 40+ seeds!

Brinda :)

Do you know how to germinate brug seeds?

• TulsaLady
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Wow, thanks again Brinda! :) And ummm....no. lol But I can learn. And let me ask you this. How did you keep these cuttings alive? Do you have them in water? I've tried that and everything tends to die. I don't get it. lol I have to admit tho, I'm not an inside gardener. lol But I love plants and I want to learn. The bad thing about my house is the sunny spots, or the lack of. lol I wish you didn't live so far away. lol Why do you all have to live so far away?? lol

tulsa

• wolflover
    20 years ago

Tulsa,
    If you're coming to the OKC swap in May, I'll have several varieties of brugs for trade.

Brugs root very, very easily in water. If yours have died, it's probably because they are very green wood cuttings. The bigger, older branches are almost fail proof. You might try rooting the greener cuttings in a warm spot.

Brinda,
    The key to blooms on brugs is fertilizer. You can fertilize them every day if you want. I don't think you can overfertilize a brug. Or try growing cuttings taken above the Y. They should bloom in no time at all.

• brenda_in_ok
    20 years ago

Does anyone have any peach or apricot ones? I would love to have either. My list isn't updated, but I will try to do that-soon hopefully.

• ChaseUdn
    20 years ago

Hey TL....did you get any of the brug seeds to germinate? If so...you should have tons of blooms this summer.

Brenda in ok.....there will be many offered for trade or sase over on the brug forum in a few weeks. If you don't have any luck, lmk and I will check to see if I have any extras.

Brinda :)

• TulsaLady
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Not yet Brinda. I can't wait tho. :) I should have plenty of brugs and daturas.

tulsa

• sconfer32
    20 years ago

would love some cuttings of 'brugs' at the okc swap. i am very excited.

sdc

• impatience_7
    20 years ago

I, too, would like some Brug cuttings. This is one beautiful plant. Its hard to believe that I had not heard of them until the past year!!!

I have some coral bells, painted Jap ferns and maybe some named hostas.

impatience

• KFERRARO
    19 years ago

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ANY DATURA OR BRUGMANSIA ANY COLOR I HAVE NOTHING TO TRADE I AM JUST GETTING STARTED. THANK YOU.

• ChaseUdn
    19 years ago

KFERRARO....if you will email me I have many datura seeds. And I might have brug cuttings in the fall!

• wolflover
    19 years ago

Kay,
    If you'll email me, I have a couple of brugmansia that I never got around to planting that you're welcome to. You can have them for postage if you're interested.
    Dawna

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure