Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pgmorgan_gw

WANTED: Have: Banana Trees

PGMorgan
18 years ago

I dug up 20+ Banana Trees in the Fall. Most of these are 3+ feet tall even after I cut them off, so mailing them isn't really an option. I usually attend the Herb Festival in Ponca City, and was thinking that maybe if my fellow Oklahoma gardeners were interested, we might meet and trade. Here's the link

http://www.poncacityherbfestival.net/

They have a pretty big crowd, lots of plants, outdoor decor, etc.

Comments (5)

• orchidtrader
    18 years ago

I'm really interested in some of these . I live in
    El Reno and if you ever get around here or OKC I could meet you and do a trade .

• Annie
    18 years ago

Hello,
    I live near Stillwater, but drive up to see my sister in Newkirk all the time, so drive thru Ponca on my way there and back. If I can make it to the herb festival, I would love to have one or two of those banana plants. They are on my "Want List" at my Member Page.

I go to the Herb Festival in April at Sand Springs every year. Are you a vendor? Didn't know Ponca City had one too.

Thank you for the offer.
    ~Annie

• PGMorgan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I've never been to the one in Sand Springs, seems like I never hear about them until they are over. I just live and work near Ponca. Gardening is just a hobby. I don't want it to seem like work. You are welcome to meet me there. When it gets closer, we'll set a time and place.
    My personal e-mail is GPMorgan@direcway.com, send me an e-mail when it closer.

• Annie
    18 years ago

GP,
    You got a deal! Can't wait! Hope the weather is good.
    I will also let you know the details when it draws near to the time for the Herb Festival in Sand Springs. They have much the same as what you describe in Ponca, but you may wish to attend it. Nice that it is in April every year, right around planting time. Usually the weekend around April 15th. They have veggies and herbs galore and all kinds of herbal products. They have wildflowers and trees. They have cannas, irises, tropical and more for sale. They have a live band and food vendors and herb crafts, aromatherapy candles & essential oils, and soaps. So much to look at and spend all your hard-earned money buying. A good many people come with carts or wagons. I do. It is so much handier. I make a list of what I need or want and try to stick to it. Try, that is.

They also have one in Jenks, too, so I hear. It is usually the following weekend. I spend all my money at the one in Sand Springs, so never go to the one in Jenks, although some of the vendors I know say it is great and that I ought to go.

My Cherokee Great-grandmother said never to say thank you for plants that someone gives you or they won't grow, so I will only thank you for your generosity in sharing. (Happy, happy me!)

~Annie

• PGMorgan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have heard the same advice. I never thank anyone for a plant, I hope they don't think I'm rude. The one in Ponca usually has everything that Wal-mart and Lowes don't (and it looks healthy). The only trick is to get there early. If you wait, there isn't much left. I'll put it on my calendar with a week or so reminder and I'll get in touch.

Sponsored