Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: 'kiss of Satan' chilli pepper seeds

Posted by HotPepperDad Z 7 OK (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 16, 05 at 0:03

Bacio di Satana is an Italian Cherry Chilli pepper-Ciliegia Piccante.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: 'kiss of Satan' chilli pepper seeds

I moved to OK in July 02...boy I love it here....Still triing to learn how to make some of the foods from here....got the ole Frito chili pie down pat now...But I got a couple people who love very hot spicey things so what is the hottest pepper that I can get??? would love to grow some here but don't know what I'm looking for. Thanks

o
RE: HAVE: 'kiss of Satan' chilli pepper seeds

Well, Sconfer (sp?) is probably the best source of info on growing peppers here in OK.
I just moved here last year, but if the first year is any indication-this is the place to grow hot peppers.
Everything I grew did wonderfully.

The hottest peppers I have personally grown are Habaneros.
These are fruity tasting, but with a burn only true hot pepper fanatics crave. These are the peppers used for Jamaican jerk chicken recipes.
I really like the red habanero, but many people prefer the chocolate.
Fatali is a habanero-type pepper that is extrememly hot, with a distinct background citrus flavor.

The other pepper to try that is just a notch below the habanero in hotness is Orange Thai peppers. Tiny, but they pack a whallop.

I am trying a new pepper this season, its a polish heirloom called Cyklon. Check out the postings this summer and I'll be sure to let you know how these do.

Sorry I can't offer many of these for trade, but I'm still about a year away from growing out all desired varieties.

If you want any of the Ciliegia Piccante seeds however, I have plenty that were sent me in a trade. I'm more than happy to spread the wealth!
Let me know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Oklahoma are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here