Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjj1_gw

Merry Christmas

rjj1
19 years ago

Please travel safe, take care, have fun, and remember the reason for the season.

SantaÂs "not so little anymore" helper

Comments (14)

• wolflover
    19 years ago

Randy,
    What an adorable little girl! Thanks for sharing your photos. I always enjoy them so much.
    Dawna

• rjj1
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks Dawna.

How are things in your neck of the woods? We were down that way Saturday visiting my parents.

Are you ready to do some wheelin' and dealin' this spring?
    IÂll get a trade list posted soon. YouÂve heard that before, havenÂt you: :-)?

randy

• wolflover
    19 years ago

Randy,
    Yes I'm ready. I'm having major plant trading withdrawals right now! But my plants aren't faring that well in my greenhouse. I can see I have MUCH to learn in order to keep the plants happy. My plants in the house actually look much better than the plants in the greenhouse ;-( Oh well, at least I kept them from freezing in that 7 degree weather we had last week . . .
    Come on Spring!!! ;-)

• rjj1
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Dawna

Surviving through February is all I worry about. Night temps in the greenhouse are set at 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Most of my tropicals ride out the storm just fine. Quite a few are still growing.

I tend to keep them on the dry side when I know a cold spell is coming. Wet plants during cold cloudy spells really freak out.

Hibiscus will wilt and drop leaves during cold spells and make me wish I wasnÂt a tightwad, but they pop right out of it later.

March is when I kick up the heat and start getting things looking nice for spring.

randy

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    19 years ago

Randy, your daughter is beautiful.
    Sammy

• rjj1
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sammy

Thank you. This little lady is certainly the "DaddyÂs Girl", knows it, and uses it to her advantage. I couldnÂt be more proud of her.

Forgive an old man for this, but here is the little blue-eyed local All Round Champion getting to meet another blue-eyed All Round Champion, be it on a slightly bigger stage :-). CarlyÂs smile is even bigger in person.

randy

• Boomer _Lady
    19 years ago

Randy,
    Daddy's little girl is beautiful. Keep posting those pics. :)

• rjj1
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I caught these two playing Sorry this morning. IÂm sure the one on the right is cheating :-).

randy

• Boomer _Lady
    19 years ago

Great pic!

I think the one on the left is watching her pretty close, ready to call foul if needed. LOL

• rjj1
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks Debbie.

I saw your post on the brug forum. Are you going to have a few to trade with me this spring?

IÂll have some Frosty Pink, one or two Candida Double White, Miami Orange Glow, and Jean Pasko. There will be a bunch off that unknown pink.

Getting that new camera figured out yet? Is it a digital?

randy

• Boomer _Lady
    19 years ago

Randy,
    I think I have the camera figured out. It is a digital Canon PowerShot. The thing I haven't figured out is the photo printer that came with it. LOL
    To be honest I really don't want it for no more pictures than I would probably print. But since it was a gift I better try to figure it out. I don't want my daughter thinking I don't appreciate it.

All of the brug cuttings I have are new so I don't know if they can be cut in the spring? If so, I would be happy to trade with you then. I did get 4 shredded whites from one man & they are all doing great so I know I have that one I can trade.

• rjj1
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Debbie

I have the PowerShot A80. It does all the little things I need it to do.

YouÂll want to hang on to those brugs and let them fill out next year so youÂll have lots of cuttings to wheel and deal with.

randy

• wolflover
    19 years ago

Randy,
    I just got back to this thread. Thanks for the info on the greenhouse. I am keeping mine fairly cool right now, but do plan to crank up the heat in March.

This picture of your daughter playing Sorry with your dog is about the cutest thing I ever saw! Great shot!

• netgardenweb
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas to you!

{{gwi:65094}} {{gwi:65095}}