Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Merry Christmas

Posted by Rjj1 Ok USDA Zone 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 24, 04 at 6:43

Please travel safe, take care, have fun, and remember the reason for the season.

Santas "not so little anymore" helper

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Merry Christmas

Randy,
What an adorable little girl! Thanks for sharing your photos. I always enjoy them so much.
Dawna

o

• Posted by Rjj1 Ok USDA Zone 7 (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 27, 04 at 18:30

Thanks Dawna.

How are things in your neck of the woods? We were down that way Saturday visiting my parents.

Are you ready to do some wheelin' and dealin' this spring?
Ill get a trade list posted soon. Youve heard that before, havent you: :-)?

randy

o

Randy,
Yes I'm ready. I'm having major plant trading withdrawals right now! But my plants aren't faring that well in my greenhouse. I can see I have MUCH to learn in order to keep the plants happy. My plants in the house actually look much better than the plants in the greenhouse ;-( Oh well, at least I kept them from freezing in that 7 degree weather we had last week . . .
Come on Spring!!! ;-)

o

Tue, Dec 28, 04 at 11:39

Dawna

Surviving through February is all I worry about. Night temps in the greenhouse are set at 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Most of my tropicals ride out the storm just fine. Quite a few are still growing.

I tend to keep them on the dry side when I know a cold spell is coming. Wet plants during cold cloudy spells really freak out.

Hibiscus will wilt and drop leaves during cold spells and make me wish I wasnt a tightwad, but they pop right out of it later.

March is when I kick up the heat and start getting things looking nice for spring.

randy

o

• Posted by Sammy 6B OK/7A (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 29, 04 at 7:08

Randy, your daughter is beautiful.
Sammy

o

Wed, Dec 29, 04 at 9:02

Sammy

Thank you. This little lady is certainly the "Daddys Girl", knows it, and uses it to her advantage. I couldnt be more proud of her.

Forgive an old man for this, but here is the little blue-eyed local All Round Champion getting to meet another blue-eyed All Round Champion, be it on a slightly bigger stage :-). Carlys smile is even bigger in person.

randy

o

Randy,
Daddy's little girl is beautiful. Keep posting those pics. :)

o

Sat, Jan 1, 05 at 15:34

I caught these two playing Sorry this morning. Im sure the one on the right is cheating :-).

randy

o

Great pic!

I think the one on the left is watching her pretty close, ready to call foul if needed. LOL

o

Sun, Jan 2, 05 at 7:49

Thanks Debbie.

I saw your post on the brug forum. Are you going to have a few to trade with me this spring?

Ill have some Frosty Pink, one or two Candida Double White, Miami Orange Glow, and Jean Pasko. There will be a bunch off that unknown pink.

Getting that new camera figured out yet? Is it a digital?

randy

o

Randy,
I think I have the camera figured out. It is a digital Canon PowerShot. The thing I haven't figured out is the photo printer that came with it. LOL
To be honest I really don't want it for no more pictures than I would probably print. But since it was a gift I better try to figure it out. I don't want my daughter thinking I don't appreciate it.

All of the brug cuttings I have are new so I don't know if they can be cut in the spring? If so, I would be happy to trade with you then. I did get 4 shredded whites from one man & they are all doing great so I know I have that one I can trade.

o

Sun, Jan 2, 05 at 17:59

Debbie

I have the PowerShot A80. It does all the little things I need it to do.

Youll want to hang on to those brugs and let them fill out next year so youll have lots of cuttings to wheel and deal with.

randy

o

Randy,
I just got back to this thread. Thanks for the info on the greenhouse. I am keeping mine fairly cool right now, but do plan to crank up the heat in March.

This picture of your daughter playing Sorry with your dog is about the cutest thing I ever saw! Great shot!

o

Merry Christmas to you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here