Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Third Snowy Morning In A Row Here

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
11 years ago

Our weather is so goofy. On Saturday night and Sunday night we had some overnight light snow and sleet that left those little white snow pellets (graupel) piled up on the porch, the bare ground (you cannot see them in the rye grass), the porches, the roof of buildings, etc. It has been very light and has barely registered in the rain gauge. Still, it is surprising to walk outside and find it.

Today it is falling for a third consecutive morning and we are almost under a Winter Weather Advisory here....but not quite. I say almost because the Texas side of the river, including Cooke County, which surrounds my part of Love County on three sides, has a Winter Weather Advisory until 10 a.m. Chris is driving to work in Dallas in rapidly deteriorating roadway conditions. He says ice is starting to accumulate and make some roads slick down there. There's also some thundersnow or thundersleet occurring.

We've never had so many little stealth snowfalls here as we've had this winter. Even though these little graupel events have only left tiny amounts on the ground, this is at least the 7th time this winter something has fallen from the sky that is frozen in some form---sleet, snow, graupel, hail, etc. Unfortunately it is in such small amounts it isn't helping much in terms of drought relief.

I need to stop dreaming of spring. Every time we have a pretty (albeit cold) afternoon like we had yesterday, I start thinking about spring and looking forward to having flowers in bloom....and then I awaken to snow pellets the next morning. Mother Nature seems determined to suck all the fun out of having a pretty winter afternoon by following it up with a cold slap in the face.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville