Free shipping Johnny's Selected Seeds

joellenh
11 years ago

code is 13-1014. Works on EVERYTHING!

Here is a link that might be useful: Johnny's

Comments (9)

• ReedBaize
    11 years ago

Don't get me wrong. I love Johnny's but, does anyone else feel like they're higher on everything than anyone else?

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

I think it just depends on what you are ordering. The reason that I don't order more often is the shipping charge, not the price of the item. I find their things to be of high quality and they have items I can't find anywhere else. When Jo posted this, I placed an order the next day and it arrived in 3 days. That is fast from any dealer, but three days from Maine is pretty remarkable.

I ordered 7 regular size packages of seed and a small bag of inoculant for legumes. The package was very light and the normal shipping and handling would have been $10. That's too expensive, and I know of several people that will not order from them because of the S&H, and many times that stops me from ordering as well.

• p_mac
    11 years ago

Thank you, Carol. I did the same thing. I ordered the day Jo posted this but didn't post because I didn't want to bump this great offer down the line so that it would be not be note-worthy. I also shared it via text with another member here that I didn't think would see it in time.

Many thanks, Jo!!! My order is due to arrive tomorrow!!!

Paula

• joellenh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I tend to agree that they can be pricey, but they have good stuff. Even so, I shopped exclusively from their sale section. I got a bunch of seeds including lilac, butterfly bush, basil, spinach, shallots, lettuce, and asian greens for under $10 shipped. Paying shipping would have negated my savings on such a small order. Additionally, this is a great deal if you need bulk seeds or tools, as shipping can be really expensive. Like Carol, I got my order in three days and was impressed.

Jo

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    11 years ago

Johnny's is pricey, but their quality and customer service are top notch. I've bought things from them since the 1980s, and haven't had any sort of negative experience with their products ever. Having said that, I do watch for the sales and if someone else has something cheaper, I likely buy it from them instead of from Johnny's. I do order from Johnny's a couple of times a year, usually in the spring with free shipping and in the fall when there's a big clearance sale.

• joellenh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A bit O/T, but does anyone know of another good source for seeds with free (or VERY cheap) shipping? I need a few packets of herb seeds (sage, cilantro, dill, thyme, oregano, rosemary...the basic stuff) and would hate to pay a bunch of shipping on such a light package. I felt Johnny's prices were too high for these items. Thanks!

Jo

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

Jo, have you ever ordered from Willhite Seed in Pooleville, Texas. Dawn first told me about them, and I have ordered a couple of times a year since.

Here is a link that might be useful: Willhite website

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    11 years ago

I LOVE Willhite's too!

Jo, you also can usually get pretty good herb prices at Pine Tree Garden Seeds, though I cannot remember now if their shipping is reasonable or not.

I also like Bountiful Garden's prices.

Since Carol linked Willhite, I'll link BG.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Bountiful Gardens

• crm2431
    11 years ago

Was hard to beat Johnny's with thar free shipping code and I never had ANYONE that fast.

Charlie