Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OSU Garden Planning Guide

Posted by okiedawn Z7 OK (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 4, 11 at 17:02

I've linked a copy of the Oklahoma State University Garden Planning Guide below.

On one page, you'll find a listing of cool-season crops, recommended planting dates, spacing, etc. For almost all cool-season crops, the recommended planting dates fall between February 15th and March 10th. If you want to start transplants to transplant into the ground on/near those recommended planting dates, count back however many weeks you need to raise seedlings to transplant size and start your seedlings indoors about that many weeks before the recommended planting date.
On the following page, you'll find the same data for warm-season crops.

When fall garden planning/planting time comes around, there's a separate fact sheet for it.

For those of you who are new to using this guide, the earliest date given is for far southern OK and the latest gate given is for far northern OK. If you are in the middle of the state, choose a date in the middle of the recommended range of dates.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: OSU Garden Planning Guide

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OSU Garden Planning Guide

Wow, thank you for posting this! I had so much trouble trying to access those fact sheets. I couldn't hit Print fast enough. :)

o
RE: OSU Garden Planning Guide

You're welcome.

The OSU Fact Sheets online are misbehavin' lately, aren't they?

I printed off many of them long, long ago....shortly after we moved here in the late 1990s.

I had to look for a while online to find a copy of this fact sheet that was accessible.

Hopefully the problems with the OSU fact sheet database soon will be resolved.

If not, you can google Texas A&M or TAMU plus whatever gardening topic you want and find great info. Gardening in Texas and Oklahoma are pretty similar, except most of Texas is further south so planting dates have to be adjusted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here