Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lat0403

OT: Cold Justice on TNT

lat0403
10 years ago

This week's episode takes place here. It's pretty weird seeing people and places I know on TNT. It's awesome that they're doing it though. He never would've gotten caught without the show.

Leslie

Comments (9)

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Leslie,

That is so cool! I didn't know this show was going to be on or I would have been watching.

I hope this means Tracy Allen's family finally will get some closure from knowing that justice has been/will be done. I think that the saying "Justice delayed is justice denied" is not true in murder cases that have gone cold. I think that any justice, even when delayed, for the victim and family is better than no justice at all.

The last thing I heard about this case was when the suspect was found living in Texas and was going to be extradited back to OK to stand trial. Also, I don't remember if they ever found her body. Didn't she just disappear and her body was never found?

Did the show tell you if he was still in Texas awaiting extradition, had been brought back to OK, was going to plead guilty or will be going to trial?

It is so terrible, though, that the children now have to face the reality that their father killed their mother. I cannot imagine how that must make them feel.

Dawn

• lat0403
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It'll probably come on again. That's why I love watching TNT, TBS, and others like it; you've got more than one chance to catch their shows. I had read all about it in the paper, but there's so much information that hadn't been included.

He waived extradition and he's in the Jackson County jail awaiting trial. He confessed, told them where he buried her and they were able to find her up by Tom Steed. He said it was an accident, but I don't think anyone actually believes that.

Before they caught him, he tried to run and they said he was trying to go down a river in a canoe to get away. Isn't that crazy?

One of the daughters was on the show because she was with him when they tricked him into coming into the Hill County sheriff's office. She was mad at first, but they had a tape of an interview from when she was 5 that they played for her. On the tape, the interviewer asked her where her mom was and she said her daddy rolled her up in a rug and dumped her in a ditch. She obviously didn't understand what she was saying at 5, but that would be horrible to hear yourself saying that now. It was horrible for me to hear, so I can't even imagine how she felt.

They also talked to her mother, before and after the case was solved. She said in the beginning that she didn't think she would've run away, that something must've happened to her. At the end, when they told her they found Tracy's body, she looked so relieved. At least she has some closure now.

And if you watch, the town is not really as rundown as they make it look!

Leslie

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Leslie,

Thanks for the update. I'll be watching for the episode to be repeated at some future date.

I hadn't heard the canoe thing. That is hysterical. All I remembered hearing on the news here was that he had been caught in Texas and would be brought back to OK to be put on trial. I'm glad he confessed and told them where to find the body. That provides even more closure for the family.

That poor child! I didn't know all that about her seeing her dad roll up her mom in the rug. What a horrible thing.

When I watch, I'll remember that the town looks better than they make it appear. For some reason, all those entertainment people always seem to want to portray small, rural towns in a way that makes them seem hopelessly out-dated and out-of-touch with the current century. There are plenty of small and even tiny, vital, interesting towns in America, and they are not as bad as the media tends to make them look.

This sounds like the type of TV show Tim would like, so I'll set up the TIVO to record every episode. You'd think after fighting crime all day at work he wouldn't want to watch these sorts of shows in his down time, but he loves them.

Dawn

• seeker1122
    10 years ago

Dawn not knowing is the worst.
    Just going thru old threads. I didn't have a comp for 4 months.
    It can consume your whole life.
    My family was murdered in the 90's.
    Gas was poured all over the house and set on fire everyone died and 50" from the peninsula fire department by keystone lake.
    Whoever did this got away scott free and I spent every waking moment trying to find the killer it ruined my life I was so consumed.
    I lived because I spent the night with my best friend.
    So happy that family got closure
    tree

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Tree, Oh, it just breaks my heart to think about that happening to you. I am so sorry you had to endure such a horrendous loss. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your family. I wish that someday you could get closure as well.

Dawn

• seeker1122
    10 years ago

I gave up at 28
    It was just in my head cuz someone just came to my door 2 months ago and said my father didn't die of natural causes and was poisoned.
    He lived in Ok 6 miles from where I grew up and won a texas lottery 250,000 dollars. New mystery to solve.
    Dh is madd and took my phone cuz he knows what I did for 13 years before him does not want a repeat.
    Sorry I posted that but I'm on a new mission
    Tree

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

Tree, I am so sorry. I hope you have closure at some point too.

• seeker1122
    10 years ago

thanks all that just touched a nerve.
    To add a twist. My husband Michael Mazeo was healping me work on this and was killed in 03 again poison. sorry I'll stop now but weird he.
    Like I said takes over. everything is just an accident or quinkidink.

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Tree,

Please don't apologize. We are friends here. A lot of us have met each other in person at the Spring Flings, visits to one another's homes/gardens, Dixondale Farms onion pick-up day, and on other occasions and that has made us even closer to one another. When you meet someone and see them every year at our forum's "family reunion" (i.e. the Spring Fling), that makes us all become closer and more real to one another, and not just an anonymous person on an internet forum. I hope you always feel you can speak freely here.

This is a gardening forum, but we also are real people with real lives, facing real problems and, yet, also experiencing great joy....both in our gardening activities and in our lives. Why can't we share that all here?

I personally find gardening to be a very healing experience. It soothes my soul. I hope gardening helps you in the same way it helps me.

Dawn

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery