Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
macmex

Frank's Thai Hot Pepper

Macmex
11 years ago

I'm not in the Seed Savers Exchange any more. So I do have some seeds I could easily afford to share. If anyone here would like a sample of Frank's Thai Hot, I could send a sample of seeds for $2.00 (hopefully I can scrounge up some used padded envelopes to keep the cost down.) Email me and I can send an address.

My kids purchased two plants, of this pepper, for me, for Fathers Day, back in 2003. They were labeled "Thai Hot," but obviously, they are not the same as what is normally called Thai Hot. The pods are much longer.

The plants were quite expensive. I was very grateful that they gave them to me. But I did determine that I would save seed and "get our money's worth" from the investment. We have grown them almost every year since. I dubbed them "Frank's Thai Hot" in honor of Frank's Nursery, in Howell, NJ, where we purchased our first plants.

This variety bears quickly; so quickly, that I suspect one could actually direct seed into the garden and get a crop. They bear so heavily that I rarely "pick" peppers, choosing rather, to cut the entire plant, at the end of the season, and hang it in the shed, where the leaves fall off. It is a prodigious producer.

The pods are much like half sized cayenne peppers. And, they can be used in much the same way.

Carol (Soonergrandmom)has grown this pepper for a couple of years. She gives it a good rating.

George
Tahlequah, OK

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms