Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottokieman

Mesonet - Climate Facts By County

ScottOkieman
11 years ago

It's been a while since I've posted anything on the forum. But I do check in regularly, reading and learning. A big thank you to everyone who contributes.

In an earlier post there was some discussion concerning planting dates for different parts of the state of Oklahoma. As mentioned in that discussion, the OSU Extension Garden Guide is an excellent resource for this information. It gives a date range for planting for each type of vegetable, with the earliest date applicable to southeastern Oklahoma and the latest to northwestern Oklahoma. As an additional resource to novice gardeners I would like to also recommend visiting the Oklahoma Mesonet website and downloading the County Climate Summary for the county where you live. This, combined with the OSU Garden Guide will give you the information you need to make an informed decision concerning when to plant. Do realize though if you live in a hilly area of the state, differences in elevation can also have an effect on the local temperature. If you live in a valley you very well may have lower temps in the spring and fall than your neighbors living on top of the hills. So take in consideration your micro-climate as well as your county climate. See below for the link to the County Climate Summaries.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mesonet County Climate Summaries