Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2/19/2013 Oklahoma Drought Monitor

Posted by okiedawn Z7 OK (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 12:39

The latest Oklahoma Drought Monitor map is linked below.

It is pretty much the same as last week with very little change.

This map reflects data received by 7 a.m. Tuesday. The impact of this week's precipitation that has occurred since then will be reflected in the map released next week.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: 2-19-13 Drought Monitor

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2/19/2013 Oklahoma Drought Monitor

This last 7 days surely will make a dent in this this week!!

Here is a link that might be useful: 7 day rain mesonet graphic

o
RE: 2/19/2013 Oklahoma Drought Monitor

It sure should, but I guess we'll have to wait and see, won't we. All the precip that has been measured in Mesonet precip gauges since 7 a.m. Tuesday won't show up until next Thursday's monitor, not this week's. Of course, last week's rain that fell after last Tuesday will show up on this week's.

I went looking backwards in time to see if I could find the last week when the OK Drought Monitor was all white, showing no drought conditions whatsoever and it was the drought monitor map dated May 25, 2010. Of course, there were times part of the state made it back out of drought for a while, but it has been a long time since we've had no drought at all.

I thought a lot of us made it out of drought last spring, but we really didn't--we just had less drought than usual.

Our ground is not very wet. Last week's rain has dried up pretty well and this week there wasn't much that fell, so starting either this afternoon or tomorrow, I am going to be out in the garden planting, planting, planting.

Dawn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here