Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slowpoke_gardener

Rainbow Mixed Bell peppers

slowpoke_gardener
11 years ago

I ordered an order from Amazon which came to a little under $25.00 (free shipping). To boost the order over $25.00 I had them to through in a package of Ferry-Morse Rainbow pepper seed. The seed came in a pack mixed together. I am not going to waste my time planting these seed, if anyone wants them, send my your address and I will send them to you, other wise they are going into the bird feeder or the compost.

Larry

Comments (7)

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

And why would you not plant those Larry? I planted them one year and it's a nice selection of bell peppers.

• slowpoke_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

If the seeds were color coded I would plant them, or at least 1 or 2 of each color. With my luck i would end up with a doz. of one color. I dont want to waste that much garden space. I would like to play with pimento peppers this year.

Larry

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

Waste space....with peppers? HaHa, you know me, that could be half of my garden. I was in Arkansas today and bought 3 kinds of fresh hot peppers at the Mexican Market. In fact, I haven't put my groceries away yet and my kitchen rather looks like a Mexican restaurant with habs, jalapeno, pablano, jicama, corn tortillas, flour tortillas, and a new tortilla press for times when I make my own. There's more, but you get the idea.

Larry, if you haven't bought your pimento peppers yet I could send you a few seeds. You probably would never use a whole pack if you had them. I don't think there are many in my pack but I would be happy to split it with you. I think I have red and a tangerine. I don't think I'll be planting either one of them this year. I have already selected what I am going to plant and will probably even have to scale that back some.

• ponderpaul
    11 years ago

A ripe pimento, a little onion & garlic lightly sauteed in olive oil, mix it with a container of cream cheese spread it on some toasted garlic bread ---- HEY! you cannot buy stuff that good in a store!

• slowpoke_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Carol, I would love to have a few pimento seeds. It you would like I will send you this Rainbow pack. I really dont want to mess with planing them.

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

Larry, I don't need the pepper pack, but I'll get you some seeds in the mail on Monday. Anything else you need while I'm digging in the seeds? Carol

• slowpoke_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Carol, thank you. I cant think of anything else I need.

I hope to plant some cole crop seeds today and maybe mulch the onions I planted too early. I also plan on get a couple of soil samples to be tested. We can have two free soil test a year, so I plan on getting the samples and let them be drying before the next rain starts.

I have to watch my P. K. and Zn. because they want to run too high. I did not test last year, but 2010 to 2011 the numbers dropped about 30% by reducing the amount of shredded oak leaves I was tilling into the soil, plus the cover crop may have pulled the numbers down some.

Larry

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus