Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rainbow Mixed Bell peppers

Posted by slowpoke_gardener 6/7 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 14:48

I ordered an order from Amazon which came to a little under $25.00 (free shipping). To boost the order over $25.00 I had them to through in a package of Ferry-Morse Rainbow pepper seed. The seed came in a pack mixed together. I am not going to waste my time planting these seed, if anyone wants them, send my your address and I will send them to you, other wise they are going into the bird feeder or the compost.

Larry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rainbow Mixed Bell peppers

And why would you not plant those Larry? I planted them one year and it's a nice selection of bell peppers.

o

If the seeds were color coded I would plant them, or at least 1 or 2 of each color. With my luck i would end up with a doz. of one color. I dont want to waste that much garden space. I would like to play with pimento peppers this year.

Larry

o

Waste space....with peppers? HaHa, you know me, that could be half of my garden. I was in Arkansas today and bought 3 kinds of fresh hot peppers at the Mexican Market. In fact, I haven't put my groceries away yet and my kitchen rather looks like a Mexican restaurant with habs, jalapeno, pablano, jicama, corn tortillas, flour tortillas, and a new tortilla press for times when I make my own. There's more, but you get the idea.

Larry, if you haven't bought your pimento peppers yet I could send you a few seeds. You probably would never use a whole pack if you had them. I don't think there are many in my pack but I would be happy to split it with you. I think I have red and a tangerine. I don't think I'll be planting either one of them this year. I have already selected what I am going to plant and will probably even have to scale that back some.

o

A ripe pimento, a little onion & garlic lightly sauteed in olive oil, mix it with a container of cream cheese spread it on some toasted garlic bread ---- HEY! you cannot buy stuff that good in a store!

o

Carol, I would love to have a few pimento seeds. It you would like I will send you this Rainbow pack. I really dont want to mess with planing them.

o

Larry, I don't need the pepper pack, but I'll get you some seeds in the mail on Monday. Anything else you need while I'm digging in the seeds? Carol

o

Carol, thank you. I cant think of anything else I need.

I hope to plant some cole crop seeds today and maybe mulch the onions I planted too early. I also plan on get a couple of soil samples to be tested. We can have two free soil test a year, so I plan on getting the samples and let them be drying before the next rain starts.

I have to watch my P. K. and Zn. because they want to run too high. I did not test last year, but 2010 to 2011 the numbers dropped about 30% by reducing the amount of shredded oak leaves I was tilling into the soil, plus the cover crop may have pulled the numbers down some.

Larry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here