Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tulips

Posted by Erod1 Owasso, OK (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 2, 12 at 18:43

Hi all, haven't been around in a while hope everyone is well.

I didn't get any tulips in the ground this fall, so, I'm wondering if I can find any and buy them now, do I just plant, or put them in the fridge crisper for a month and then plant.

Please help! I so love my tulips.

Also, same question for hyacinths.

Thanks in advance

Erod

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tulips

Erod,
I planted some new ones just last week. I got them at WalMart.
Last year I planted tulips and daffodils at this time of year and they came up and bloomed beautifully, and without freezing them first. I think our nights are still cold enough that it should do the job. Just make sure you water them thoroughly if you aren't getting any rain or snow so they will sprout. I spent the day watering my entire garden today.
Good luck.
~Annie

o
RE: Tulips

This is good to know, I have been eyeballing the bulbs in the store and wondering if I should take the dive and get some.

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here