Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing Hops in "windy" Oklahoma

Posted by southpawbrasserie Oklahoma (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 8:39

I recently moved back to Oklahoma and brought my hobby of growing hops (and homebrewing). I wanted to get everyone's feedback on the best trellis system for hops here in SW OK. I will probably use a shoestring type of trellis to keep down on the overall height but still let the hops have the run. Please let me know what your thoughts and ideas are.

Thanks

Tim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing Hops in "windy" Oklahoma

I would look at cattle panels for stability.
Hops are a beautiful plant, good luck & welcome to OK. You will get lots of good feedback here from people far more knowledgeable than I.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here