Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Palace King equivalent

Posted by HarvestTime 7a (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 9:31

My favorite cuke is Palace King, but I have all my seeds this year except it and am not enjoyin the thought of paying Burpee shipping for one pack of seeds. I can't find it on any seed racks around here. Does anyone know a suitable equivalent? Thanks.

Michael

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Palace King equivalent

I have grown one from Ferry-Morse called Mici Hybrid. Very similar to Palace King but maybe a little smoother surface. Usually easy to find on short notice. Part of their "Taste of Asia" collection if you don't mind hybrids.

o

I used a code FS60 at Burpee this morning after reading your recommendation. This free shipping code was supposed to expire March 3 but I used it and it worked on Palace King. The seeds are expensive about $5.

o

Hi Helen. Oh my gosh LOL! Well at least something good came out of my dilemma. After reading your reply, Burpee no longer had the free shipping offer.

Palace King is very tasty, and stays that way. Its by far my favorite, I'm not sure where it rates on the disease resistant scale but it's a must have for me. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

o

I assume it is for fresh eating. Dawn has me buying those pickle mixes. A jar of pickles lasts me a long time, but I am going to try canning some this year. Do you know if Palace King makes good pickles? I am buying lots of cucumber seeds because I do love them. Diva is another I recently bought. I know I will be giving some away this summer if it rains and the bugs don't bite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here