Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
harvesttime_gw

Hello from Custer County!

HarvestTime
10 years ago

Hello all =)

I've been lurking for some time but I figured it's best to register so here I am. My name is Michael, I live in Custer County, OK....a transplant from the left coast. Lived here for a little over 3 years. I love it here =)

I've been gardening for a little over 20 years and was spoiled with great fertile soil and excellent weather but now I'm here in Oklahoma LOL but I consider it a fun{{gwi:807}} challenge and am looking forward to a (good or bad) great gardening season this year.

My main gardening interests are maters! I managed some Giant Belgium, Cherokee Purple, Black Krim and Better Boys last year but it wasnt great. I enjoy snap peas, cukes and pumpkins as well.

This year, I feel i'm a little late starting my seeds but will be doing so within the week, here's my list:

Brandywine Sudduth (fingers crosses LOL)
Black Krim
Black from Tula
Black Cherry
Sun Gold
Giant Belgium
Cherokee Purple
Cherokee Chocolate
Better Boy
Sioux
Early Girl

I'd like to thank everyone here in the OK forum{{gwi:807}} for all the wonderful ideas, and help you've provided me in my "lurking", notably Okiedawn but you all have made things easier for me and my plans and gardening future!

Michael

This post was edited by HarvestTime on Mon, Mar 3, 14 at 11:12

Comments (4)