Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Evergreen small trees/large shrubs good in pots?

Posted by Solorya 7a (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 16:18

I'm looking for something - maybe holly or thuja (not juniper...I loathe juniper) - to put in large containers at the corners of our yard. Due to all the piping and cables, we can't plant anything from the back wall to about 6' into our yard, so visually that area is bare and needs some "bones" during the winter months. One corner is partially shaded (get some late afternoon sun), the other is full sun. They don't need to match, and we're only going to be in this house for another 2-3 years so I'm looking for something economical and fast (I'd like it at least 4' tall).

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Evergreen small trees/large shrubs good in pots?

Ornamental grass could work for the full sun area except for the short time after you trim it back. There"s a pic of my ornamental grass posted on a recent thread..one of mine I think. I posted it for Tree.

Pots are problematic for me...I am never obsessive enough with the watering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here