Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottokieman

New Oklahoma Tomato Farming Method (humor alert)

ScottOkieman
11 years ago

Hello all!

Today is so windy that as I tried watering my onions I had to hold the water hose ten feet upwind from them, just so they would get wet. Very gusty. But as I was standing at a 45 degree angle watering, I had a great epiphany! A new and wondrous way to tomato farm in Oklahoma:

First you get several huge kites, with very strong cords for string. Before you launch them you tie some of those upside down tomato planters (with transplants inside) every three feet or so on the cord. I figure one should be able to get fifteen or twenty of those things aloft per kite. Again, these need to be huge kites. (Hmm, I wonder if you need a permit from the FAA for this sort of thing.) For those of you with small garden space or stuck with container gardening on a balcony, well here's your solution! Actually, balconies might be ideal... Just drop the kite off the side and let the wind catch it, and then string out your tomato crop... You'd be the envy of the apartment complex.

Forget hydroponics or rooftop gardening, the new trend of upward mobility in agriculture will be the Tomato in the Sky method.

--All kidding aside, it is really windy out there today. I'm so ready for some calm spring weather

Comments (4)