Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bush Early Girl

Posted by mulberryknob z6OK (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 18:45

did the best of any tomato plant in the greenhouse this winter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bush Early Girl

Good job Dorothy, those are beautiful.

o

Wow! Good job!!

o

Dorothy,

It looks great.

Bush Early Girl is the 1 of the 5 early tomato plants that is setting fruit right and left. For early tomatoes, and lots of them, it is hard to beat Bush Early Girl. Some years it seems like it has more fruit than leaves.

Looking at your photo has made me hungry for a fresh tomato, and the fruit on my Bush Early GIrl are about the size of walnuts so we probably have at least 40 days to go before we harvest one, depending on how warm and sunny this month is and how quickly the fruit do or do not enlarge and ripen.

It is supposed to be 80 degrees here tomorrow, so the five early plants will like that. Only Red Beefsteak hasn't set fruit yet, and it is blooming now so it should set some soon. BEG was the first to bloom and set fruit and she is miles ahead of all the others.

Dawn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here