Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottokla

Do you have your boat ready???

scottokla
10 years ago

LOTS of rain it looks like for you guys in the southern to east central parts of the state. Nothing here yet. It looks like just a normal rain for us tonight.

Dawn appears to be getting a huge rain. Anyone else lucky today?

Comments (12)

• slowpoke_gardener
    10 years ago

It started raining here south of Ft. Smith about an hour ago, but we have not been need the rain as some of the folks west of here.

Larry

• OklaMoni
    10 years ago

Didn't really want the rain today... cause it was Kim's birthday and he planned a birthday ride.

But, we rode anyway, and ended up soaking wet. :)

{{gwi:1089239}}

but, while I waited for Kate to pick me up, I finally cut some dead flower stalks off plants in my front flower bed. :)

Moni

• scottokla
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Darn it. Nothing so far here and our chances are only about 50/50 that we get any significant rain tonight. The heavy rain didn't make it to our area, so our only chance will come with the wrap-around rain on the backside of the storm.

I spread fertilizer on about 250 trees last night and this morning. If we don't get at least 1/4 inch that nitrogen will be gone before it ever gets into the soil.

• lat0403
    10 years ago

It's raining now and I hope it rains all night. It rained on and off all day, but it was just enough to be really annoying. I could've been outside working but instead I had to stay inside while we got a whole 0.07" of rain. If it's going to ruin a Saturday, it should at least be plenty of rain! My yard drains really quickly, so I don't never have to worry about it being too wet. Not that it would ever rain enough to be too wet here. I shouldn't complain, though. A little rain is better than none.

Leslie

• Macmex
    10 years ago

Lots and lots of rain here in Tahlequah! It started around 5:30 PM yesterday and I see no end in sight soon. It's a good soaking rain.

George

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

We had a small little shower about 2 pm yesterday then it started again about 8. 7am now and still raining. Mesonet says 1.20 inches for bixby.

mike

• slowpoke_gardener
    10 years ago

The rain has stopped here, but rained about all night. I tilled in a lot of compost in 5 beds before the rain started. I wish I had placed some nitrogen on the onions before the rain started, they seem to be a little slow taking off.

Larry

• wulfletons
    10 years ago

We got about 1.1 inches here in NE Cleveland county. I raced against the rain (and won) and was able to get to K and K to pick up a truck load of dirt and get all the dirt shoveled into the new raised bed yesterday morning. It's just to cold and windy for me to want to get out today (there are some weeds I need to take care of), but I am sure happy that I don't have to worry about watering the potatoes for now.
    Krista

• scottokla
    Original Author
    10 years ago

About an inch fell at the farm and almost two at the house. About perfect. Everything is going to be beautiful by the end of the week!

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

I am so thrilled for everyone who received rain, however small the amount. Any rain is better than none and we all needed it.

We got 1.6" in the rain gauge in the main garden, but I think that Thackerville, several miles to our south, might have received more. Their rain puddles this morning were a lot bigger than ours. It's a beautiful mud pit in the garden right now, which is so much lovelier than the dust pit it was before the rain fell.

If you were watching on radar, it might have looked like a lot more rain was falling than what we received. We spent most of the day in a dry slot and I was starting to think the rain never was going to actually arrive here.

I don't know what our Mesonet station recorded. It got knocked offline early in the afternoon and hasn't come back online yet. Our year-to-date rainfall recorded by our county's co-operative weather observer was showing year-to-date 2014 rainfall of 0.89" before the rain arrived here late in the day, so yesterday's rainfall will really raise the YTD amount quite a bit.

It is hard for rainfall to impress me anymore, Scott. After the incredible day in 2009 when we had almost 13" of rain in a 24-hour period, even a good rainfall of 4 or 5" seems like small potatoes. I know we'll probably never have that much rain again in one day, so I kinda cherish the memory of watching the rain fall and fall and fall.

I'm glad y'all got enough at the farm to wash in the fertilizer you put down. Everything's gonna look so gorgeous so quickly.

My favorite thing about this rain is that it made everything really wet so that we didn't have to go to fires yesterday and today after being out on many long, tedious, wildfires every day from Monday through Friday. We are so wet that I think the workweek is likely to start off pretty quiet too. I'll be able to stay home all week and maybe work in the garden, as long as I wear my mud boots. I wasn't home enough to plant anything last week, so hope to get caught up this week.

Now that the rain clouds finally found much of OK, let's hope they make a return trip soon.

• OklaMoni
    10 years ago

I managed to snag 2/3 of an inch of rain. Yipeee :)

Moni

• seeker1122
    10 years ago

I have to get up and fill my bird baths.
    Thru this whole winter i have been missed again
    North of me 2 miles,west of me a few like 5 + miles east of me
    1 mile and south i would drive less than half a mile and there would
    Be rain or snow. I live in a weird place.
    When okc news says 20-30mph wind i get 50.
    This sunday it was to blow bad and my wind chimes barley moved
    After11years i still can't figure this place out.
    Tree