Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First raised beds

Posted by wxcrawler 7a (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 20:30

Hi everyone,

I've been working hard the past few days to get the foundations for my beds finished. I've still got to add another layer of blocks, and to get the soil mix. But I'm getting close. Now if Mother Nature will just remember it's almost Spring....

Lee

My raised beds

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First raised beds

Lee, They look great so far, and I imagine it has been quite a bit of work. You're going to have so much fun growing plants in your new raised beds.

I sent Mother Nature a memo to remind her it is spring. I doubt she will read it and even if she does, she won't care. Apparently she thinks she is the boss.

Dawn

o

Those are some nice looking raised beds!

o

Lee, those are very nice beds. I have never used concrete blocks for a border but they should be great. I have use landscape timbers, native stone and mortar and even organic mulch, all worked fine.

Larry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here