Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neat garden app for IPhone or IPad

Posted by melissia 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 22:09

Its called GardenID -- you can put in your location and then choose vegetables that are good or your area and also choose what is good at this time. It gives tips and planting suggestions. It was free.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neat garden app for IPhone or IPad

melissia,
Thanks for the info. That is cool app, I was looking for such app sometime ago, none having location info. -Chandra

o

Thanks! It does have a lot of great information, and works for IPods, too!

o

Pshaw. I want an iPhone app that does my laundry & dishes so I have more time for gardening.

One of my brothers is a app developer. I'll tell him to get started on it right away. We'll get rich!

Diane

o

It is a neat app, looks like it still has some bugs. It randomly closed on me a few times. I am sure I will enjoy playing with the app even with the bugs! I was looking for a garden app a while back & couldn't find anything...
Thanks for posting!

o

I have an app called Garden Tracker that I really like. You tell it what, where, and when you planted something and it will keep track of dtm and remind you to fertilize and stuff like that. Supposedly. I've never actually done any of that with it yet.

o

I have been using many FREE garden apps for iPhone and iPad. here i have listed in order of my preference- Garden Guide (from mother earth news), GadenID, Veg Calender, Gardening, Garden-guide (from Essential Gardens), Heirloom, Garden Tracker, Pocket Gardening, . Out all these none will beat the GW! My wish for this Christmas is an iPhone app for Garden Web -Chandra

o

I have garden apps on my android phone, but have not used them yet. I don't know why, I guess I don't trust them too much. But if you use them Chandra, and get the results you do, it is worth looking in to!

o

ezzirah, initially I thought I am learning something from them, but no more, now feel like those are for dummies LOL... expect mother earth app it has good info on varieties and goot tips and they also updates once in a while.

o

Look at the Garden Compass App in itunes (free). You snap a picture of a plant, pest or disease and through the app submit it to their live garden advisors who get you an identification plus any needed suggestions for care. Some of the items you can buy through the app but not many yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here