Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
biradarcm

Greeting from Amman, Jordan

biradarcm
10 years ago

Dear All,

Greetings from Amman, Jordan. I hope all is well with you and your lovely gardens.Sorry for not able to post untill now due to many things. But remember you all time and talk about, We are really missing Oklahoma, friends and our lovely back yard garden and of course weather. I tried my best get house with garden, but here in Amman, if you ask ground floor with decent garden prices really go high (3 BR house with garden is good location cost $35k/year for rent), or have to stay out side city limits to have good garden...managed to get decent home without garden. But eventually look for better place. Kids and Priya are happy but still missing Oklahoma... Weather is very pleasant here, we get lots of fresh vegetables from local market, I really liked Olives and some other fruits and now waiting for Figs.

Here I have some pics of life in Amman, I will keep adding more to same link when i get time. Take care and happy gardening. -Chandra

Here is a link that might be useful: Life in Amman, Jordan

Comments (9)

• joellenh
    10 years ago

Hi Chandra,

We sure all miss you.

Your house looks beautiful, but I am sad that you don't have a garden. Soon!

I envy your markets. All of the spices and nuts and grains and produce look amazing. I'd love to have a pickle market here. Pickles are my favorite food group. ;)

Jo

• MiaOKC
    10 years ago

Hi Chandra - what a pretty house! I love the arched doorways. We had the Spring Fling a few weeks ago and really missed you and your family. Were your ears burning? We talked about you.

I'm glad to see you are doing so well! I'm sorry you cannot have a garden yet, but the beautiful market is hopefully some small consolation. Don't a lot of us garden so we can have access to such things anyway? :) Visit us often and live vicariously through our gardens.

I'm working on beautifying our veggie plot this year and I go back and look at your photos for inspiration. Your garden proved that aesthetics and practicality are not mutually exclusive. Best to you and yours, and hope to see you around again soon. With the internet, we'll never really be far away again!

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

Your house is beautiful!!! I'm glad ya'll are settling in okay.

Lisa

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Hi Chandra, We sure do miss you, Priya and the kids....and look how fast the babies are growing up!! Tanu is growing into quite the young lady as well. Time flies by so quickly.

I loved seeing the photos. Your home is beautiful. I am sure you'll be gardening again before you know it. At least you have the markets with lots of yummy food available, but I know it isn't the same as growing your own.

You might be happy you aren't here....we are still having about one cold front per week that brings us down to freezing or even below freezing. It is getting really old really fast, and some folks in central OK got hit hard by hail last week. Aren't you glad you missed that?

Keep us posted on your adventures in your new location, but know that we truly miss you and your garden updates with all the photos. At least we are able to stay in touch via the internet.

Dawn

• mulberryknob
    10 years ago

Great to hear from you Chandra. We've been wondering if you would check in again and are so glad you did.

Hope you can get back to gardening some day. Your photos were a real inspiration.

• soonergrandmom
    10 years ago

Chandra, You were lucky to find such a great house, and the children look great. I saw your Facebook posting and it looks like you project is off to a good start.

When we lived in Greece, I didn't grow anything at all and just shopped at the local markets. We got great vegetables, but the markets were mobile so didn't have all of the things that yours has. When I worked, I would usually hit at least 2 each week during my lunch hour. I was also on maternity leave while we lived there, and a little guy with a wagon full of vegetables rang my gate bell once a week to see what he could sell to me. He couldn't understand why I wouldn't buy dandelion greens. LOL

I would go crazy with all of those spices. I would have to try them all. As I told you earlier, the Fling just wasn't going to be the same with out your family, and I heard you name mentioned many times.

Hugs to your family. Carol

• shankins123
    10 years ago

Glad to hear from you, Chandra! You have a beautiful home, but it's your beautiful family that we most wanted to see. I trust that you are safe, and well, and that you are settling in to your new surroundings more and more each day.
    Someday...(!)...you will garden again!

Sharon

• Macmex
    10 years ago

Chandra,
    So glad you and your lovely family are doing well! Thanks also for the great pictures! Ah, the market reminds me of Mexico! That's just exactly how they sold things there. I'm sure that the inventory is different. But it sure looks familiar.

I'm planning to plant the few Guar beans I saved. They sure were good. But my seed production wasn't so good. Hopefully I can get them in earlier this year.

George
    Tahlequah, OK

• seeker1122
    10 years ago

Wow! make me jealous with the markets.Makes me want to go to my shack on the beach in Texas, just so I could hit the markets in Mexico. Did my ornamental pepper plant grow for you from the 2011 spring fling? I have had one growing 5 years now. Nice to have a fresh source of heat in the winter.
    TREE

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm