Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

Pictures of the spring fling/swap

OklaMoni
9 years ago

yyy

Did anyone get a picture of our mystery shopper?

He came in late, asked for how much the books cost, when he had several picked out already. We told him they are free. Really, they are free.... well no, not really you have to take those magazines too... and before long he had to take the WHOLE box and some plants as well... and then, he was gone...

who was he? Was he Paula's neighbor? Her stalker??? WHO?????

We don't know, but we are still laughing about it.

Kim and I finally got the dust and pollen washed off ourselves and we are still laughing about the mystery shopper.

Moni

I deleted the first post I made about the pictures, as I forgot to put pictures in the subject line.... hope, everyone got home ok, and I know, everyone had a great time. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: rest of the pictures

Comments (19)

• Cynthiann
    9 years ago

I think your mystery shopper thought it was a garage sale. With all those tables set up full of goodies, I could see why he would be mistaken.

Cynthia

• luvncannin
    9 years ago

It was the funniest thing and Moni and I laughed all night about it. He was so excited to have stumbled upon all the free stuff.
    I was still laughing today on the way home thinking of him telling people about the gardeners making him take all those books!
    It was a perfect way to end the party.
    kim

• chickencoupe
    9 years ago

Thanks for posting pictures, Moni. I haven't been willing to let myself admit a deep self-pity from absence. Looks like ya'll had fun! It's awesome to put faces to names and you're all beautiful. I must go next year!

bon

• mulberryknob
    9 years ago

I'm a victim of self-pity too. Every year I've wanted to come and every year something prevents. Last year and this we got our baby chicks on the Friday before the fling. Before that family was visiting. Sigh...maybe next year.

• okoutdrsman
    9 years ago

It was my first Spring Fling and I wasn't able to stay anywhere near as long as I would have liked, but I had a blast!

Hopefully next year, the wife and I won't be running back and forth between ball tournaments.

• luvncannin
    9 years ago

it was my first one and I almost backed out cause I was so tired and wasn't sure if I could make that drive. Bon you are so right they are all beautiful and sweet people too. it was so worth the trip for me, and I have caught up on my sleep and ready to mow till and plant. Moni's beautiful serene home has inspired me and motivated me.
    kim

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    9 years ago

I walked up to the plant table while y'all were talking to the mystery shopper and just assumed he was one of us. That is hysterical.

Bon, It is always the best time. It is fun to see people again that we know from past plant swaps and to meet new folks too. I hope y'all can make it next time.

Dorothy, I hope one of these days that things work out, schedule-wise, so y'all can come. It always seems like so many things are going on during April weekends and there are tons of schedule conflicts that make it especially hard for folks with kids or grandkids involved in sports to make it to the fling. Tim always asks me early in the year (like, in January, before anyone has even uttered the words "Spring Fling") when it will be so he can schedule the day off. In fact, since he works nights, he schedules Friday and Saturday both as days off so he doesn't have to work all night prior to the fling.

Kim, I am so glad you came.

My only complaint about the Spring Fling is that it is too short and there's just not even enough time available to talk to everyone. I don't think Paula wants for all of us to stay for the whole weekend, though, just so we can chat.

I always enjoy looking at the progression of Ken and Paula's garden as they find improved ways to grow in the land of gophers. Folks who think you cannot garden with gophers need to look at how they do it---because it can be done.

Dawn

• lisakeel1
    9 years ago

Had a great time! Thanks everybody!
    Lisak

• MiaOKC
    9 years ago

We had a great time as always! Good to see everyone and meet some new faces. I kept my goodies in the garage yesterday (we did get a bit of hail yesterday morning so I was glad I had another event Saturday afternoon that prevented me from running right out to plant everything) but put them out today for a bit of sunshine. Hoping to start planting tonight. Thanks again to Paula and Ken for hosting and thanks to everyone who generously shared their plants.

• p_mac
    9 years ago

Hey you guys! I'm so glad that you ALL came and had a good time. We enjoy having everyone out and it really is our "family" reunion. I'm always amazed at how we all just fit right in together.

I think we could arrange a weekend Fling sometime in the future. Ken & I have talked about it because we are so close to Lake Thunderbird. We don't have an RV but I know several do. We have a tent, etc. Might be something to roll around in the future to see how many are interested. Maybe we could make that one a fall gathering when the harvest is over and time is more available. We could make that a seed swap! ok,.....I'm getting ahead of myself.

I didn't get to visit with everyone as much as I had hoped to either. In fact, I missed the "mystery shopper"! I'm going to have a garage sale later in May. I'll let you know if he shows up, ha!

Glad those of you that made the trip also made it home safely. Bon & Dorothy - I really, really hope to see you both at the next gathering!

Signed,
    The Self-Professed OK GW Party Planner

• luvncannin
    9 years ago

Paula I'm in for the fall/seed/camping. Where's the sign up!
    kim

• chickencoupe
    9 years ago

I'm in for a fall get-together!

• okoutdrsman
    9 years ago

Heck yeah, the weekend camping thing would be a lot of fun! I might even be convinced to break out the fish fryers.....

• wulfletons
    9 years ago

I LOVE fall camping! I hope this happens. Oh, and let me know when your garage sale is!

• p_mac
    9 years ago

On a separate note - I just want to send you all a LARGE "thank you" for the most generous contributions to the Porta Potty fund. You guys are just the best friends anyone could hope to have!!!

It was enough to cover the cost of the that, plus the brisket! All it cost me was the time, the tea, plates & utensils. I got WAY more than that back with just the good time we all had.

Again, thank you to all that attended (and Krista who didn't get to come) for your generosity!

Paula

P.S. - Dully noted that a fall-camping-seed swap is "go". I really was just making fun of myself for being the (OCD!) Party Planner...but I'm thinking we might need to do this!

• okoutdrsman
    9 years ago

Maybe order up a little less wind?

• p_mac
    9 years ago

Bruce - can I get a "hellyah!"? Amen.

• seeker1122
    9 years ago

I'm with dawn
    I thought he was just a confused first time fling member.
    He asked me 12 times what something cost.
    Dh asked if he got a plate of food and said I should have made him one to be nice.
    Had so much fun!
    Was it a bad uv ray day or what cuz we where so burn't

I'm so into the camping fall gig.
    Now look what you've done Paula ha
    Tree

• chickencoupe
    9 years ago

Paula, I didn't realize you were joking. You're not obligated in any way ! You're always so generous with the spring swaps, from what I read.
    A fall get together sounds fun, but I wonder if I'll have time with harvests?

Still, sounds fun. LOL

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures