Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

Yeah, it is raining

OklaMoni
10 years ago

It is raining here at my house, even a little bit of tiny hail. Hope the hail size stays little, and that Kim gets home without any problems. She left about an hour ago.

Moni

Comments (8)

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

I'm glad you're getting rain and hope the hail stays little too.

We had a bad line of storms moving our way, but they skirted just to our southeast and all we got was thunder, lightning and one minute of rainfall. Since hail was present in some of the storms in that line, I won't complain about the rain missing us this time since it means the hail missed us too.

I hope Kim has a safe drive home. She'll likely be fighting strong winds and possibly driving through blowing dust.

The sun is out here and it will be windy and warm but not hailing and no tornadoes likely so it is going to be a good day. I hope the areas that really need rain are getting good rain and, hopefully, no hail or only small hail.

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

well, I managed to find a whopping 2/10 of an inch of rain in the gauge...

• wbonesteel
    10 years ago

Don't know how much rain we had, but it managed to wet things down pretty well. Lots of thunder and dark clouds, though.

• TotemWolf
    10 years ago

0.05 here. Now the wind is blowing and the sky looks dirty and brown.

• luvncannin
    10 years ago

Moni thank you is putting it so mildly for my gratitude. I had the best time in a long time and I was very safe from rain and no hail but...
    Boy Dawn you nailed it that time.
    " I hope Kim has a safe drive home. She'll likely be fighting strong winds and possibly driving through blowing dust" see my welcome home committee, I had about a 20 ' visibility coming thru the canyons. From Altus to home was tense but in my heavy boat we are home safe and sound. the wind has slowed me down planting today aw man but there is tomorrow. so I will rest and ponder the awesome time I had with everyone and dream big dreams of new plants.
    Moni I stopped at walmart and 3 more plants followed me home, I am a magnet!!!
    kim

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, crap, that is a lot of dust. Now, we all need the time to plant... and enjoy...

:)

It was fun having you here Kim. Thanks for staying with me.

Moni

• luvncannin
    10 years ago

It was A lot of dirt from the empty cotton fields, it always amazes me how thick the dirt is in the air. I am going to have to start putting a wet cloth over my face like the cowboys do.
    kim

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

My church is a water stop on the Memorial Run. When we were rain delayed for two hours I was hoping that meant we were really going to get measurable rain. Yeah, I guess 2/10 is measurable. This spring is going to go down as the 2/10 spring. Every rain we get brings me that much rain.

After the rain, it cleared up and then it was pretty hot I felt sorry for the runners. You never know this time of year. We were reminiscing about the year it was cold and rainy...we were all so cold we were hovering around our gas oven, with our shoes IN the oven trying to dry them out. We never made in to services because we were so drenched!